Feedback - General

Not sure if this on the list but I didn’t see it in future grammar points so thought I’d mention it:

ように 。imperative request

4 Likes

Hi there!

Could we have a feature that allows us to rotate the toggle between our answer and the correct answer?

Many times, I press the “a” letter to see the correct answer and I want to go back to my original answer. However there is no option to. It would be great!

• Anthony
6 Likes

Your answer is always displayed in the input box, but I would still like to see this as well.

4 Likes

Tiny UX pain point: I very often type my answer in plain form, but before submitting, I select it all and Ctrl-X to check the grey placeholder text to know whether the question wants it in polite form, before pasting it back and adjusting as needed.

The grey placeholder text in the gap when answering questions should still be accessible while you are typing an answer. I think it should just be part of the hint area.

For now, I’ve made it drop down below the gap once you start entering text through the same custom stylesheet above. Here’s what I used:

.modern .study-area-input:empty:before {
    position: relative;
    transition: all 200ms ease 0s;
    top: 0;
}

.modern .study-area-input:not(:empty):before {
    content: attr(data-tense);
    font-size: 60%;
    color: grey;
    opacity: .7;
    vertical-align: top;
    top: 56px;
    transition: all 200ms ease 0s;
    display: inline-block;
    width: 0;
    height: 0;
    overflow-x: visible;
    white-space: nowrap;
}

.modern .study-area-input {
}

.modern .study-question-japanese {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
}

5 Likes

Occasionally I get something wrong, but somehow an inadvertent keystroke moves me on to the next sentence before I get a chance to pause and consider what went wrong (maybe I hit enter twice by accident). Could we have a way to go back one step to look again at the previous sentence?

9 Likes

In the same vein as the above, sometimes during a quiz even if I know the correct answer, I feel that I need to refresh my understanding of the grammar point, and right now I either have to manually search for it or intentionally answer incorrectly, review, then use the Oops button to go back and put the correct answer that I intended originally. A link to the grammar point for the last answered question would be very helpful in this case as well.

EDIT: I guess that only applies to “Bunny” mode, but that’s the behavior I want 95% of the time, so switching it off to accommodate the other 5% is not worth it.

4 Likes

@mrnoone For ては, I’d recommend moving the second sentence to much later. I’ve had literally no opportunity to solidify the grammar point and the second sentence flips the order to a colloquial (read: not technically grammatical) form. I think this might have been okay if I’d already reviewed the grammar point several times, but as my first real review I had no clue.

Also, for this grammar point, wouldn’t it be better to require us to fill in the whole verb with conjugation instead of just ては?

3 Likes

Would it be useful to have an option to highlight people’s names (particularly native Japanese names) in a certain colour? I know it could be seen as a bit of a crutch for reading comprehension, but might be nice to have the option :slight_smile:

Also, furigana for kanji names would be great, too. I know as an N4-N3 learner I still feel a long ways off learning them apart from the easier names like 田中、山田 etc.

3 Likes

@ meadowdrone

Hey :grinning:

Name highlighting is actually implemented, but not used in every case. We are planning to make it a whole-site feature. Also, we want to implement location names highlighting too!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey :grinning:

We have moved the sentence later, according to the suggestion :partying_face:

Also, now some sentences have verb that has to be conjugated, and some have already conjugated verb, so there will be more variety :+1:

Cheers

4 Likes

This is probably a dumb question – but are you guys still receiving our “Feedback” (via the “Report Error”-button)?
Simply wondering as I haven’t gotten a reply from you guys in a while (29 days ago, in fact), and you used to be super-fast with these :smiley:

(No worries by the way if you just haven’t gotten around to it or decided to stop replying to every single one-- I am just wondering if feedback still arrives :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I’ve gotten feedback to my feedback reports as a recently as a week ago. They’re probably backlogged between that and the forum. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@opgjoh Hey! Yes, we are still receiving your feedback! We do not reply to every report that we “resolve” since many of them are simple fixes, but we mark them resolved so that you can see that your report has been taken care of. That being said, we really appreciate you taking the time to send in your reports. Your feedback and suggestions help us make Bunpro better for everyone.

As @max99x said, we have a bit of a backlog that we are working through while preparing to push some new updates, but we hope to get caught up as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

6 Likes

I’d seriously love a bunpro update like this - I’d use this updated bunpro!

3 Likes

I feel like this might be the first time I’ve seen ◯にしても used to refer to something that already is ◯. Can this grammar be used that way? It sounds like “even if X were Y” to me.

5 Likes

@Kai Thank you for your comment. I believe the source of the confusion comes from the way にしても is translated here. “Even if” sounds like it is presenting a hypothetical situation, when this sentence should be stating a fact. しても is used for hypothetical situations (“Even if Tomo were a girl…”), while しても is used to present a factual or a nearly factual situation (“Even though Tomo is a girl…”). I have updated this sentence to read “Even though…” and have added information to the hints to help you differentiate similar grammar points a little better. Cheers!

8 Likes

Ah, true, it’d be トモちゃんは女の子だとしても for “Even if Tomo-chan was a girl…” (although the second half of the phrase would be pretty weird then :rofl:)

4 Likes

Hi @Pushindawood. I just searched the forum for this particular issue, and found that you had previously fixed it.

However, in my browser (FF latest) it currently opens the Home link in a new tab. This is pretty annoying, since clicking on Community from the main site stays in the current tab, but then ‘going back again’ by clicking Home creates a new tab. If I really need to open a new tab I can always do a Ctrl+Click or whatever using the browser’s features rather than the website forcing it.

Don’t know if this is a specific browser thing, or if it’s perhaps a ‘reversion’ of an old issue, or if you guys decided to change the behaviour back to ‘open in new tab’. Either way, I think it should be up to the user to invoke that feature if they choose to, not forced by the site itself. Just my two cents. :blush:

3 Likes

@wct The Home, Lessons, and Reviews links now open in the same tab. Cheers!

3 Likes

I’ve been doing N2 practice problems recently. I have encountered ばかりか several times and I think it is not on Bunpro yet. It would be nice if you could consider adding ばかりか to the Bunpro N2 collection as it is often tested along with どころか.

6 Likes