Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

For now, just use the timezone feature - set it to your timezone, minus one hour for each hour past midnight you want it to reset on. So if you were in Eastern Time (-04:00) and wanted the day to reset at 9am EDT, then do a few reviews (to ensure you don’t lose your daily streak) and then set the timezone to UTC+11:00 (effectively resetting the day at midnight in that timezone, aka 9am EDT).

1 Like

I agree, it always annoyed me that it does it every 30/15 mins instead of every hour.

1 Like

When browsing the grammar in a path, could there be some checkmark for the whole of the chapter if you’ve done all the points in it? Now I have to skim the all the grammar points in a chapter checking if I’ve done all of them instead of just having one look at “Chapter completed” etc.

Is it possible to add a function to cram all wrong grammar immediately after the review without manually selecting them through the cram page?

3 Likes

@Luzychun I like this idea. You probably already know but you can select ‘troubled grammar’ which lets you review grammar you get wrong generally, but yes I agree it would be really good if we could review the stuff we have only just got wrong.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that still doesn’t work. Bunpro only counts grammar points as “troubled” after you got them 6 (?) times or more incorrect. I have many grammar points that I got wrong 5 times (which I would definitely count as troubled), but still my statistics and the cram page says "yeah, you don’t have any troubled grammar). :expressionless:

Ahh I didn’t know that.
@Pushindawood @mrnoone can you please expand on how this feature works? I don’t generally use it but I can see it as being useful to some people in this situation. 6 times does seem slightly excessive though. Is that right?

1 Like

It’s already discussed here:

The threshold was reduced because some users had way too many troubled grammar points. Now it’s the opposite. I guess it’s hard to find the right threshold when some users have hundreds of troubled grammar points and others none.

2 Likes

I was really close to doing this too but then moved to Japan and forgot about it… there really should be a badge for it! Great work

1 Like

If they were going to implement something like this. I think it would be on a ‘trust’ system, because so many grammar points are similar, maybe you didn’t ‘get it wrong’, maybe you just chose something else that was applicable. So you would have to add it to the list yourself, rather than it being automatic.

I think there should be a button for adding grammar points to troubled grammar even if you get it right, that way you can review something even more if you know ‘similar’ grammar points, but not the one in question well enough.

3 Likes

This might have been suggested already, but could the bookmark page be spruced up just a bit? I’m mostly thinking of having the grammar points bookmarked divided by level and then ordered by sublevel, if possible. So, for example, all bookmarked N4 grammar points are group together, and within that grouping they’re ordered by what lesson in N4 they’re taught: L1, L2, L3…

And perhaps a way to un-bookmark a grammar point from the bookmark page could be added, instead of having to visit that grammar point’s page?

4 Likes

I’d like it if the dashboard auto-refreshed periodically, so I don’t have to keep reloading the page to see if new reviews are ready. I normally keep all my Japanese learning tabs open so I remember to check them regularly.

3 Likes

There’s a Chrome extension for that - Bunpro Review Notifier.
With that said, there are other extensions to refresh all your tabs periodically so…

1 Like

Actually, what bugs me is that the next review time is shown in minutes instead of absolute time. So it ends up not being very helpful. If it showed absolute time, then I would know when to manually refresh the page. I prefer to have as few extensions as possible.

1 Like

If you are refreshing all your tabs manually frequently, I would say it is more efficient to use an extension no? That would be catch-all solution, instead of hoping that every single site you use will implement this auto-refresh feature on a website level.

1 Like

I was just expressing that a timestamp display might be a better alternative to auto-refresh. Ideally, I’d like to minimize load on my browser. Telling me the next review is in “2 hours” is not terribly useful if I tab over to that page at an arbitrary date in the future.

1 Like

That would be very useful. It’s cruelly missing.

1 Like

Hi! I recently started working through the Tobira path after finishing the N4 path, and have some more feedback :blush:

It would be really nice if each grammar point on a textbook path page had a JLPT label on it – because textbooks don’t always follow a strict JLPT order (Tobira seems to be a mix of N4 and N3 grammar for example).

It would be so great if we could cram textbook chapters… I have grammar points in every chapter that I already did following the Genki paths then the default Bunpro order for N4 – but if I click the “Study Full Chapter” button from the textbook page, it won’t quiz me on the grammar points I’ve done before.
Maybe I missed something completely obvious, but it’s hard to find all the right grammar points from a book on the cram page. A “Cram” button next to the “Study full chapter” button on the path page would be :heart_eyes:

I’d also really love if there was a progress bar for whatever path we’re studying – like the JLPT-level ones on the dashboard. It’s hard to tell how much of the book’s grammar I’ve already seen without just counting everything… And in a similar vein, it would be great if there was a way to visualise how much JLPT level grammar is covered by a given textbook…

Anyway, thanks again for making such a useful tool! :grin:

7 Likes

For と共に https://www.bunpro.jp/grammar_points/291

I think the structure could be elaborated a bit more here. である also applies to nouns with the added nuance of “as well as (being )/ as well as (being) a” I believe.

1 Like

One thing that bothers me about reviews. If I get something wrong I am given a summary which is really, really helpful. But if I get it a review right, the option to see that summary isn’t there which is a shame.

Sometimes I find I deliberately fail a review to get to the grammar summary which I would rather not do as it reveals the answer.

1 Like