Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

If you want more practice, why don’t you reset them? It’s a small hit to your overall level and other getting other grammar points right will continue boosting your XP.

I have confidence that I still remember them after 6 months (lvl 11) but I don’t have confidence that I can remember them after 20 years (lvl 12) lol

If I reset, it comes too often and it’s still too easy for me (as of now)

2 Likes

Maybe we could get a custom cram session where one of the options we can define are items that haven’t been reviewed for X time?

3 Likes

Suggested it in the other place, but I figured out I’d put it on the actual suggestions thread.

Give a report ID / case ID for feedbacks submitted, so we can reference them properly to the team if we have more than one open. Also the ability to close them ourselves if it’s been resolved.

I was going through the なAdjective + Noun and いAdjective + Noun reviews…
I think these look too empty (not enough info) to guess what you’re supposed to do (what type of grammar is being tested). I understand you don’t want to give away the answer, but it seems it would help to put “adjective” in the blank before answering, otherwise you rely on previous knowledge of vocabulary to be able to answer. (For other grammar points, the blank has a hint like “non past”, “past”, “polite”, “casual”, “apology”, etc.)

Also, なAdjective + Noun doesn’t seem to work with Cram – it hangs at the loading screen, or if cramming with multiple points it acts like the adjective points were not selected.

1 Like

I can feel you there with the vocabulary.

For example ようにいう | Japanese Grammar SRS

There’s a:

トムに手伝てつだいをするようにたのんだよ。

I knew the verb 頼む, but if you don’t then you are screwed, you are getting not only tested for the grammar but for the vocabulary in that sentence.

I’d really find push notifications (on desktop) to be useful when I have new reviews! I worry about my ability to use this site every day even though it’s a great resource if I’m not reminded, so this would be a great way to prompt me to get my reviews done!

1 Like

There are inactivity email notifications in the settings. You can set up desktop notifications for them when you get such mail in your email service/client.
It’s not exactly what you want, but it’s better than nothing I guess :slight_smile:

Probably a good option to have initially, but pretty soon you’ll have the notification going off every 30 minutes based on the SRS patterns, it might end up distracting you too much haha. Purely my opinion, but I think you’ll surprise yourself how much you’ll instinctively seek out when you have new reviews, or even set up your own schedule as it self-develops. I do 3-4 rounds a day - once at 10AM, another at 3PM, and then depending on forecast I’ll do one at 7PM & 10PM. I’ve unfortunately ended up having 1/4th of my total reviews happen during 9-11PM lmao, traveling in different time zones will do it.

Anyways, long story short, good idea!

1 Like

I noticed that the heatmap on the Stats page is sometimes inaccurate when counting how many reviews I’ve done. I’m on a fat streak this month but there are somedays that say I didn’t review at all. My streak is preserved but I know I did at least some reviews those days lol

Here’s a picture of what my heatmap looks like.

heatmap

(This is my first post/contribution/comment in this forum)

I’d like to make a suggestion to add the Irodori books in some capacity into the Bunpro-Path system.

I’m sourcing different N5 Level materials (I’m not a big SRS vocabulary fan so I just read the same material from different sources, it takes some time but makes it stick in my head) before going to N4 materials and I have to say that I really like the Irodori A1 book so far.

It’s more conversational and has totally different intentions than JLPT based textbooks (I’m using Genki too) but actually the stuff I find there is actually applicable to having meaningful basic-interactions with real Japanese people (I trial & error everything I find with “日本の好きぴ”).

A lot of the grammar points are of course the same you can find in the Bunpro or Genki Paths but I think that is its pro argument: Augment the pool of linked resources where you can read contextual examples of grammar points. And the explanations are actually short but good.

+Also they are free as in free beer.+

3 Likes

If I get an answer wrong, and choose to show the correct answer, is there a way to toggle back and forth so I can see the difference?

The sentence itself will have the right answer, while the answer you submitted will have the red highlight at the bottom where Your Answer was.

jesus I need my eyes checked, I literally have never noticed that it stays there WELP

Hahahaha honestly this topic is something that gets asked almost on a weekly basis, I wouldn’t sweat it.

@Jake @mrnoone

A suggestion: drop the www domain and redirect to no subdomain.
Currently both work, and both are on their own.
Proof is that I need to log-in both in the www. and without to use them.

SEO wise is bad (you have less ranking since it considers it two different websites), among other things:

https://dropwww.com/why

2 Likes

www directs you to log in? from what I remember off the top of my head, as long as different urls redirect to a central one (bunpro.jp) and that’s the one being indexed by Google it shouldn’t matter too much. I have reading on this on my computer but I’m on mobile, you may be correct! URL redirects is always the one thing I keep stuttering on when it comes to SEO, so a refresher is always neato

alright back on my computer so i can properly link this, i’m moreso talking about step 2 here. i can’t even access www.bunpro.jp since it automatically redirects to bunpro.jp

1 Like

It might be a browser thing. What are you using? With firefox I can access both ways, and the cookies are separated (I can be logged in on bunpro.jp but logged out on www.bunpro.jp and viceversa). The logout destroys all cookies though, on the www. domain and the one without.

SEO wise is a bad idea to display the website with both domains:

• It lowers your rank because the URLs get referenced in two different ways
  • It might detect the content as duplicate/spammy.

This is what I get with firefox:

And with Chrome, what happens is that Chrome hides the “www.” part until you highlight it

And further evidence that it’s being seen with both domains:

1 Like

To avoid bogging down this thread too much I’ll message you privately!

1 Like

Currently, bunpro takes a middle path for translations. In an ideal world, there’d be two translations for each sentence: One in natural English and a literal one that maintains as much of Japanese structure as possible In some cases this is already given by the translation comments, but so far it is not consistent. An example:

彼はみどりさんと遊びます。
natural: He will play with Midori.
literal: As for him, (he) Midori-with play-will.

4 Likes