Finally got my 100 day streak badge! Yay! šŸŽˆšŸ„³

Hey! I just want to make this little post to celebrate finally getting the 100 streak badge. Hooray for me! :sweat_smile:

[Kind-Of Important Aside: When doing something long-term, requiring consistent dedication, like learning Japanese for example, Iā€™ve found in my life that itā€™s very important for me to celebrate even my ā€˜littlest successesā€™; no matter how ā€˜trivialā€™ they might seem in comparison to someone elseā€™s successes; even if they seem ā€˜not worth mentioningā€™ (e.g. out of potential embarrassment, perhaps :flushed:). In the end, itā€™s about sustaining motivation, so even if it might seem silly or trivial to someone else, I know that for my own sake I need to do some little celebration to give myself a little ā€˜pat on the backā€™ dopamine boost to reinforce my good habits to make them even stronger.

Just thought that this concept might be helpful to others as well, hence this little ā€˜asideā€™. :blush:]

Background Trivia for Anyone Wondering
I would have hit 100 days about a month earlier, but I accidentally missed a day ā€“ by just a few minutes! ā€“ about a month after I got my subscription. Dā€™oh! :man_facepalming:

Also, I could have hit 100 even a month earlier than that, except I delayed getting my subscription until the Winter holiday sale went on, since I really wanted the lifetime sub ('cuz BunProā€™s so awesome! Thanks, BP team!!) and my budget is quite limited in general, so the discount really meant a lot.

But, despite those little psychological setbacks, I just kept at it, day by day, until today when I saw the little notification ā€“ hooray! ā€“ that I finally got to 100 straight days in a row!

For me, thatā€™s actually quite an accomplishment, as I often get distracted by side projects and random sporadic tangential interests that distract me from sticking to pursuing my long-term goals.

Long story short, Iā€™ve had ADHD my whole life, but only got diagnosed as an adult in my 30s, and itā€™s a major reason I often geā€“

[:sun_behind_small_cloud::house_with_garden::deciduous_tree::peanuts::chipmunk:] :heavy_plus_sign: {:sparkles::eyes::zap:} :heavy_plus_sign: {{:point_left::astonished::right_anger_bubble: "SQUIRRELā• " }}
= [:pleading_face::thought_balloon: (:deciduous_tree::chipmunk::heavy_heart_exclamation:) :star_struck:] :heavy_plus_sign: [:thinking::thought_balloon: (:earth_asia::wave::open_mouth::telescope: :stars::cloud::artificial_satellite: :rocket::chipmunk: :ringer_planet: :star: :milky_way:) :upside_down_face:] :heavy_plus_sign: ā€¦
ā€¦ {:hourglass_flowing_sand:} ā€¦ :heavy_plus_sign: [:dizzy::dizzy_face::thought_balloon: :butterfly::rainbow::unicorn: ā€¦] :heavy_plus_sign: ā€¦ {{:hourglass: :exclamation: :man_facepalming:}}
= {{{:roll_eyes::sweat:}}}

Uh, what was I saying? Oh, yeah! Hereā€™s to me staying focused for 100+ days! Yay! :partying_face:

And, thank you to BunPro for providing such a helpful website that played a major role in keeping me focused. Cheers, guys! :beers:

Anyone got any ā€˜little successesā€™ theyā€™d like to celebrate, too? :smiley: Drop a comment!

12 Likes

Congrats! Whatever helps to keep you going is a positive. Iā€™ve found more failures than successes in a language journey so the milestones are important. I think we have a supportive community that applauds overcoming challenges :clap::clap::clap:

I actually like the Exorcist badges the most, though Iā€™m not trying to earn them :sweat_smile: They are more like battle scars and Iā€™m still here while learning something I couldnā€™t do before. This is more rewarding than getting the 12 stamp badge for 恧恙. I have the gold exorcist IV now, I think it goes higherā€¦if the badge counts are calculating correctly and BP has higher badges ready for handout.

5 Likes

Well done! I donā€™t think 100 days in a row is a little success at all - thatā€™s a great accomplishment. My little success is that last week I was able to do the whole of Tobira Chapter 9, as planned. This week I aim to do all of chapter 10.

Do you feel that your Japanese has improved noticeably over the 100 days?

4 Likes

Congratulations. Hereā€™s to many more consecutive days/weeks/months of learning :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats! This is really a big thing! Go you! Logging in every day for 100+ days is quite amazing!
Hope you continue on this journey and have fun thoughtout it :smiley:

3 Likes