Furigana kanji list

I think Bunpro should have an option to either select or simply copy paste list of kanjis that you don’t want to see furigana on in settings.

1 Like

Do you mean you don’t want to put your mouse over them and see the furigana? Can that not be avoided by not putting your mouse over it?

Edit: guess I should clarify, under general settings I have furigana off, and furigana on hover on. That seems to be a more elegant solution than bunpro developing this feature and you having to manually populate the list and update that list constantly.

2 Likes

The idea is to get the same thing as with wanikani option, submit kanji you don’t want to see furigana except when mouse over

i get where youre coming from, but this would be way more effort to use than just furigana on hover. copy paste, formatting, different readings, etc just causes more trouble than its worth, even putting aside you have to manually update it every time you learn something new.

if youre adding just the kanji itself, it can cause problems. how do you treat words with 1 kanji known and one unknown. even if you know both kanji, like you probably do for 行 and 方, it doesnt mean you know 行方. its not that easy to tell its read yukue. if i were to guess based on my understandings of the two kanji themselves, i might say gyouhou or something like that

if youre adding vocab words themselves. youre gonna have to compile some consistently formatted document like a csv to upload to bunpro. dealing with file upload and storage has its downsides security and time wise, so its like like it wouldnt be great for bunpro. its a pain to deal with as a user and a developer for to be honest not much gain over furigana on hover, which is easier for everyone involved.

i do understand wanting some kind of similar thing to the wanikani integration so you can see the furigana disappear as you learn vocab, but its just not worth it

1 Like

But this is how current wanikani level works. It just maches kanjis not readings you learned…