Grammar Points and formality

Hey, I have been using bunpro for a couple months and as I get further along into new stuff. I find myself learning a lot of grammar that both my teacher and Tobira tell me that it’s formal or only used in writing. I would love a system that would make sure it was crazy obvious when reviewing and learning that the grammar point is 硬い. Not just hinting that it’s an honorific but reminding you that maybe the grammar point is very stiff/formal.

Also it would be great to do the opposite to and put the same for very very casual points. Maybe after add a filter where you can review/practice only casual or formal.

5 Likes

Do you have any examples that your teacher pointed out? Some grammar points are already marked with 硬 to indicate that they are used in formal settings and writing.

2 Likes

Sorry, I know that they do have 硬 marked on the grammar page and if you bring the grammar drop down. I’d just like something slightly more present especially when Im running through my reviews. That way even if I easily blow through a がたい or similar level formal grammar, I’m still subconsciously reinforcing that it’s not used in casual settings. I’m no good at design so maybe this would look fugly or make no sense for most though.

I do really like the idea of filtering between conversational casual grammar and formal, just so I can practice things.

5 Likes

I think another person requested a tagging system to help categorize the grammar in a more clear and organized way, and I believe even mentioned things like “written only” as an example. I could for sure be down with a system like that.

4 Likes