Hit 1,000 day streak today

I really couldn’t have imagined hitting 1,000 days in a row when I started using Bunpro. Some days I was only able to eek out a review or two due to life, but I think even a single review is making progress.

I know when I started learning Japanese I was a little intimidated because it seemed like everyone on message boards was living in Japan, or was married/dating someone who was a native speaker, or was in college and could devote hours every day to learning, whereas I’m long past college, married, and working full time. Japanese for me is purely a hobby, and it certainly has had its frustrating moments, but I honestly find it very rewarding and consider Bunpro an integral part of my learning experience.

I post this not to brag or pat myself on the back but rather to prove to anyone out there that if you just chip away at grammar, vocabulary, and reading every day -even though sometimes it seems like you’re not making much progress - eventually when you look back you’ll be amazed at how far you’ve come. I have gone from not being able to read hiragana to finishing Dragon Quest 11 while playing 100% in Japanese, and I think that’s pretty cool!

Here’s to 1,000 more! 頑張ってください :slight_smile:

37 Likes

:flushed:
Amazing job! Congratulations :muscle:

3 Likes

awesome! I’m gonna do my best to get that 1000 streak one day also.

4 Likes

That’s really great and insipring! :partying_face:

Will you keep going and get an even bigger streak, or aim for the 2000 days of studying badge if you don’t already have it?
I’m interested because I’ve seen it said by others that after about 1000 days there are some days when there are just no reviews available to do.

2 Likes

So far I haven’t missed a day since starting Bunpro so my days studied and streak are both 1000/1000. I will probably keep going for 2000 :slight_smile:

I still have plenty of reviews. I’m slowly working through the N1 level right now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

congratulations!

4 Likes

Thousand days is quite the milestone since its actually not easy to achieve. Keep going till the end.

Dw, we are here to do that.: よしよし~ 頑張ったじゃん~ *pats jelyk’s head *

2 Likes

Congrats @jelyk !!

Time spent cramming also counts towards your activity, so I guess there’s always something to do. This has saved my streak on a few days where I forgot to review but did some cramming :slight_smile:

3 Likes