Hotkey to show/hide furigana?

I love the different hotkeys, I just discovered the spacebar a month ago and it helps a lot when I meet 2 deceptively similar grammar points. There is just one function I use that I could not find a shortcut for: showing/hiding furigana.

Every now and then a word comes up that I don’t know or can’t remember the reading for, when this happens I have to lift one hand off and use the mouse to click said word. It’s a very minor but simple addition. It would enable the users who rely heavily on shortcuts to blast through reviews with nothing but the keyboard.

I would recommend the up arrow considering that Bunpro already uses the down arrow to show the notes and that furiganas are usually on top.

7 Likes

+1 for this feature. I was going to request it myself and then came across this post which already beat me to it.

3 Likes

Please try using the following user script I have just written. Hotkey [ArrowUp key] will only work when answer input field is focused.

[User Script] Bunpro: Toggle Furigana of Review Sentence

3 Likes

To get @alamin script to work, I had to replace the URL in the @require line to:

https://greasyfork.org/scripts/383527-wait-for-key-elements/code/Wait_for_key_elements.js?version=701631

Seems the old URL is no longer valid.

Fixed this script to work with 2.0 reviews:
Bunpro: Toggle Furigana of Review Sentence (Review 2.0) (greasyfork.org)