How complete is Bunpro?

Hey Guys, i wanted to find out how complete the current 915 Entries of Grammar on Bunpro are from JLPT N5-1. If i learn all of this will i ACTUALLY have the theoretical knowledge to pass these respective stages? Of course I know that this is just in regards to grammar and not kanji/vocab or immersion and actual practice in reading/writing/speaking/listening.

4 Likes

Yes you will and more. There is a kansai dialect grammar deck also + material past N1 level has been added. There are also 50+ more past the level of n1 grammar being added intermittently

5 Likes

You will pretty much pass the grammar section in the JLPT if you finish all grammar points for that level on Bunpro. But beware, there are no official lists on which grammar points will show up and not show up in the test. Esp. N3 and above, there is quite a bit of overlap and some resources disagree with others. So in the real world N3, there may be grammar points that BunPro marks as N2. But even with that considered, if you finish a level on Bunpro and do the real world test, you may feel overprepared (at least that how I felt for the N3 last December).

I am doing the N2 this Sunday, even though I am only like 60% through the grammar. Not sure how this will work out for me.

6 Likes

Provided you understand everything relatively well (especially the nuances between similar grammar points), for sure!!

5 Likes

I passed the N4 just by using Minna no nihongo and a few other online resources.

When I discovered bunpro, it turned out that I “just” knew about 70% of the N4 (and 90% of N5 and 5% of N3). And I passed nevertheless. You have to be pretty sure of the answers, but the exam is quite easy.

3 Likes

Just be aware that, even if you learn and practice all of the grammar points on Bunpro for your chosen JLPT level, it doesn’t automatically mean you’ll get anything like 100% on the grammar section for that level.

6 Likes