How do I keep Hint 2 On - Or show the Eng Translation After Answering

Hi all, when i do my reviews I like my answer (don’t mind whether question includes it or not) to show the whole answer in english as I like to see not just the grammar I got correct but how it fits together in the sentence in both Japanese and English.

But it seems to only come on if I press Hint 2, and then I have to do it for every word (beta version), I couldn’t find anywhere to stick it on for the normal version without turning it on afterwards each time.

I’m guessing there’s a setting somewhere?
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi there!

Are you able to elaborate on this? I’m a lil bit confused about what you’re asking :sweat_smile:

There is the “Review English” setting under Settings > General > Reviews , which will change the default hint-level that is displayed whenever you go to the next question!
This will change it on the old Review system and then new :+1:

Thanks,
Sean

2 Likes

Thats it, you solved it. Looks like its:

Review English → More

Thanks mate!

1 Like

I’m currently having this problem too (beta reviews). I can’t seem to get the settings right to keep my at hint level 2.

When changing the Review English setting:
Nuance gives me hint 1.
Hint gives me hint 3.
Show give me hint 4.

I’m trying to get it so I only see the explaination, not the translation, in English.

1 Like

Hi there! Good timing.
We’re going to add a 4th option so that you can see the Translation of the Nuance first always.
The new option is going to be aptly named “Nuance Translation”.

Should be out in the next few weeks.
Sorry for the confusion!

4 Likes

@calvin_evird @ms83 @re_Shambles @distantflower

FYI Ya’ll, support for this was added silently to the live site.
We’ll make an official post in a few days once we have some other stuff sorted.

Its currently only supported on the web -version of the app.
Can be changed in the new Review Settings screen.

We’ve also allowed you to split which hint-level you get based on wether the question is for Vocab/Grammar

5 Likes

Working perfectly. Thank you so much!

Also love the beta UI too.

2 Likes