How long did it take you to do all N2 grammar in bunpro?

turning off ghost reviews for a while can help with that.

You can even delete all ghosts at once if you want to.

1 Like

What are ghost reviews? Thnanks!

2 Likes

Generally when you are getting your grammar point wrong system is adding “ghosts” that will haunt you until you get them right. So if you add too many new points that you don’t get very well they can quickly overwhelm you.

To turn them of:

To remove existing ones:

Hope it helps :hugs:

2 Likes

Sorry for pointing it out with pictures. It is quicker than writing. Since I discovered that feature in my computer I can’t stop myself from abusing it xD

1 Like

I appreciate it! Yeah, it will help me get my sessions down to 1 hour twice a day hopefully!

3 Likes

It may be worth reading a bit to see how you want to use ghost reviews (or not). So true it doesn’t actually contribute to any experience points and does add extra reviews and time. The plus side is learning the mastery of the grammar point which may actually help your progress for later stages of the SRS cycle. I’ve personally found that painful period on not remembering the point but the repetitive ghost has help ‘hooked’ me to remember the point (and then have more success with further example sentences). So the efficiency is relative depending how you want to use the program. I’ve also found that the repetitive reading of more difficult sentence just helps overall reading as well. As a consequence, I generally have a lot of hanging reviews and so clearing my review pile daily is not something I do or care. But if anyone has SRS review anxiety looking at a big review number, it can be just an added stress and not worth it.

3 Likes

Actually, it is a better idea setting it to minimal. Thanks for pointing that out. I have a daily routine of one hour Kanji, one hour vocab, one hour grammar in the morning then spend the rest of the day immersing and then some more bunpro reps in the evening. But with all the ghost reviews and my “srs anxiety” makes me want to finish then all and then I end up not being able to spend as much time getting through my vocab/kanji. I think yesterday it took me two hours to get through my bunpro reps.

3 Likes

You can consider setting it back to normal when you will be out of that initial stage that you are a bit overwhelm by adding too many you already know quite well. That my plan actually. You do you :hugs:

1 Like

Answering your another question it seems to be establish consensus here that about 5-6 new grammar point per day is consider to be high pace. So average should be 3-4 I guess. It what I figured looking for answer to similar question. Can be not true though :hugs:

1 Like

I may have considered this when starting, looking at 600+ reviews for a while sort of sucked. Optimally, I would have preferred to have selective ghost reviews rather than just tagging silly mistakes as ghosts when it’s ok to just over-ride. But it’s nice to have some freedom in the system to use it however you want.

2 Likes

In almost 47 days I am almost half way through N2 grammar while simultaneously adding some points from N1 that match my text book path and are present in Bunpro.
For N2, though I passed the test, I keep adding couple of grammar points per day as a review of things I studied (and started forgetting). My reviews per day rarely go over 100 and I keep all the ghosts on.

1 Like

I came to Bunpro with a lot of N3 knowledge, and I finished adding all N3 in 1.5 months.

I’m 90% complete with N2 and I should be finished within 4.5 months.
That speed (or lack of speed) is mainly because N2 doesn’t “stick” in my head as easily as N3.

(Btw, I work a full-time job, so I can’t really study during the day.)

3 Likes

Wow this is so demotivating. I have almost 250 days streak but still N4 :grinning: (almost done though) started with no grammer background and no usage of textbooks (grammer books). So it is not that bad i think ?

2 Likes

No worries, they are speaking about only n2, not the whole thing, and I don’t think they came here without solid knowledge. Some of people here I know to live in Japan on top of that. You are not doing bad :hugs:

But sure you can do better. everybody can :hugs:

2 Likes

Something like 8/9 months probably… Just because, while I did N2, I finished everything left in N3 and started N1. On the same day, I added to my reviews the last grammar point (available at that time) for both N1 + N2.

I used Kanzen Master N2 + one N2 drill book too for reference…

@s1212z, looking at 700+ reviews sucks a lot more :smiley: .

2 Likes

About 9-10 months with ghost reviews on and about 70 % ish results. Lot of stuff from previous levels still haunting me though :unamused:

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re at the same pace as me.
With N5 & N4, there’s 111+178=289 grammar points. That means you’re averaging about 1 per day.
For me with N2, my goal has been 5-10 points per week. It’s about the same. :+1:
Keep it up! がんばって ください!

3 Likes

Almost maybe…
Except that i do 2 lessons whenever i feel like it. So sometimes 4 or 6 lessons a week other weeks nothing at all.

頑張れなきゃいけない

3 Likes

Looking back on the stats page for some idiot reason I once added 56 points in a week. Then there’s a gap with no more added afterwards. I couldn’t imagine why

3 Likes

You are still smarter than me. I have 33 added in one day xD Will take some time to work that out…