How many new grammar points do you learn a day?

I only do new Grammar items when I ‘feel’ like I’ve got a handle on my Beginner and Adept level grammars. Usually this means that they are at a ‘low’ count. Currently that means that Beginners are less than about 15-20. (Also, my Ghosts should be equally ‘under control’, like less than 20. I have Ghosts on the default setting, so I tend to get a lot of them over time.)

When I do take on new Grammars, I do three at a time.

But, realistically, there can be times when there are many many days between new Grammar lessons. So, actually, it’s less than even 1 per day, to be honest.

I’m also in the middle of doing a huge number of Vocabs, so that has been diverting me somewhat from keeping up with Grammar. So, because of that, it’s actually been quite a while since I’ve added new Grammar. But I continue to do reviews for existing grammar of course.

1 Like

For me, Monday morning is when I add new ones. I was doing 3 grammar points every week. Now I am doing 1 grammar point and 30 vocabulary.

It might not seem like much but I was doing together with the exercises in the Tobira book.

If you add that to a similar strategy I do on Wanikani, it adds to a nice chunk for me.