How to see a 'WK-like' count of "Apprentice" (low SRS) items?

Hi,

I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’ve become very attached to the way WaniKani shows a breakout of items by SRS level:

Specifically I use this to make sure I don’t attempt to ‘learn’ too much; I only do lessons while Apprentice (SRS 1-4) is < 100.

I saw a discussion elsewhere on the Bunpro community with a similar recommendation (WK/4- 25 “apprentice” because grammar is a bit harder to review), and I’d like to put that into practice, but the stats page has me bewildered :confused:

Could someone point me in the direction of where I can find this / interpret the stats page to work it out myself?

Thanks,

2 Likes

It should be on here in the form of a bar graph?
If you add the values of bars 1 to 4, you should get your “Apprentice count”

https://www.bunpro.jp/user/profile/stats

4 Likes

Ohh I see - I was thrown by the use of the word ‘streak’. But it kinda makes sense now you point it out.

1 Like

Do you know if that includes ghosts?

1 Like

I’m like 99% sure it doesn’t. Ghosts don’t have streaks, so…
However, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you see a summary of every ghost review that you have, and even what grammar troubles you most :blush:

2 Likes

Haha- thanks again :smiley:

I see you want mean about them not having streaks, but they still represent something that is taking up my limited space of the 25 things I am ‘actively learning’; so I’ll take the count of those too :smiley:

(I’m going now to sit in envy at how much empty space you have in your troubled grammar / ghost reviews section…)

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea! Might actually adopt that too.

I reset after completing N5 and N4 and then completed the Tae Kim grammar path. Now I’m slowly doing N5 and N4 again, so it’s not really new to me. So it has been a while since I’ve seen stuff that I didn’t understand yet :wink:

2 Likes

Side question, what’s the script that lets you see the breakdown of your apprentice and guru items? (eg. 221/412)

1 Like

Confused me there for a second- I’ve been using scripts soo long I’d forgotten that wasn’t just part of WK.

The script is “Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown”: https://community.wanikani.com/t/userscript-wanikani-dashboard-srs-and-leech-breakdown/32756

2 Likes

Nice, thanks!

2 Likes

There’s a new script “Bunpro++”, which is similar to some WK scripts:

link:

Introduced here:

Sorry for reviving the topic, but it popped up for me, and i thought some may find this helpful.

8 Likes