I'm finally "done"

Just completed the Bunpro Grammar Decks, and now it’s time for the refinement phase.
Screenshot_12

There’s a decent amount I could place on “賢人”, but I’m loving the review process, so it will stay like this for a while.

Now, back to the vocabulary grind while refining grammar until it’s all mastered!

20 Likes

i have a question for you: did you buy a lifetime or yearly, which grammar section was the hardest in your options and lastly, how much beginner or adept do you keep for steady reviews ?

3 Likes

But did you do the kansai ben deck?

3 Likes

did you buy a lifetime or yearly
For now I’m just doing monthly

which grammar section was the hardest
N1 because I didn’t get enough exposure to some of these grammar points during immersion(I probably just need to immerse in different things), but overall the difficulty remains consistent, understanding some of N5 is actually harder than part of N2-N1.

how much beginner or adept do you keep for steady reviews
I disregarded whether the reviews increased; I simply stuck to adding a daily quota of new cards.

4 Likes

I didn’t do it. I thought about it, but right now, I’d rather not think too much about Kansai ben. Still, I’ve come across a lot of Kansai ben during immersion.

1 Like

How long are you going to keep at it? And how good is your grammar can you understand most things in books and media

2 Likes

woahh congratulations! :tada: :tada: I just got my lifetime subscription today so this is a boost of inspiration for me lol

2 Likes

How long are you going to keep at it?
For as long as I need, when I’m felling comfortable with it all I will move on.

how good is your grammar can you understand most things in books and media
It depends. My focus during immersion has been daily life, so slice-of-life anime/manga, travel vlogs, and other youtube channels where people have casual conversations. I feel at ease when the discussions revolve around common daily life topics, but when it shifts to subjects like sci-fi, I get lost. So, I need to significantly increase my vocabulary, more than double it.

2 Likes

How many vocab / 熟語 would you estimate you currently know? And how long did it take you to finish all the grammar?

damn man, 87 days studied seems insane. Did you have prior knowledge or did you power through all of them in that time?

I track everything. So my vocab is just a bit over 8k, and I estimate that I need around 16k-20k.

It took me 87 days, but I’ve been immersed in the language for a while. So, it was easier than if I were completely new to the language.

1 Like

Wow 87 days, how many new points per day were you doing?

It was my first time studying grammar, and in a way I did power through it, but I’ve been immersing in the language, I was comfortable enough that I could guess some meanings, and understand nuances before going into the explanations, I think I have seen many these grammar points thousands of times.

I tried reading a few grammar books but it was incredibly boring, Bunpro made it so much more enjoyable, its actually helping me a lot.

Also I spend hours immersing every day, so after learning a few new grammar rules, I encounter them multiple times in the wild.

My daily quota was 10 a day, but sometimes I did a few more.

1 Like

That is quite impressive. I’ve got 170 days studied so far. still about 120 off of finishing N1. What sort of immersion do you do?

why dont you buy lifetime?

I track my immersion up to 3 hours, all focused. I try to make sense of everything during that time. However, I frequently continue reading after the “immersion session”. Typically, I play a random Japanese podcast or a JP YouTube channel in the background while working or when I’m at the gym.

Essentially, I listen to Japanese the entire day.

Lately, I have been watching a lot of travel vlogs, and channels with casual conversations on various topics. A recent one I started watching is ジョーブログ【CRAZY CHALLENGER】

1 Like

@drunkgome by the way congrats on 170 days, and keep up the good work!

@Pizzakanji2006 I opted for whatever was the cheapest at the moment.

And I also want to avoid a situation where I still need Bunpro in let’s say 5 years from now, so maybe I should get the yearly plan as a way to remind myself of that.

But ultimately it doesn’t matter, choose whatever plan is best for you.

Have you tried a mock JLPT test? if you have, what level did u get

What are your favorite YouTube channels to watch? I tried to immerse on YouTube but I found it pretty irritating. I hate the Youtuber voice people put on to hype up everything (in both English and Japanese).