Immersion Log Let's try something new!

Great idea indeed!

I see there is this copy available. Is this the one you are reading?

1 Like

I first bought this one but then had to download an epub version to be able to use yomitan to read (which is a life saver btw, as it can give definitions on the fly and I can also add a few cards to Anki each day with it). I think the epub I got is the same but I’m not 100% sure.

2 Likes

I “read” an article on NHK Easy News. My reading isn’t quite there yet…

Back to Tadoku I go!

2 Likes

Been there today, read this one.

Nice story, bittersweet feeling (悲喜こもごもの気持ち). I learned the word 葉桜, which is explained within the story. I saw this expression ‘抱き合ったまま’, combining two grammar points I saw recently.

Learned these nouns ‘寝たきり’ and ‘やりとり’, that the counter for letters is 'つう, this 擬態語 ‘こっそり’ and saw that you can て置く the verb 置く itself.

1 Like

I Missed… several days.
Since last time I have:
read acyanto’s article on note about miso soup
Read Neon Kitsune’s article about bread.
Watched more Kevin’s English Room
Read 2 books on tadoku, thanks Neon Kitsune

Planning:
Read about movies showing.
The website for the local skating rink.
Looked further into onsens and chose one.
I looked up the place my work is hosting Enkai
I booked a hotel… using their English site so it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Read a chapter of Blue Exorcist [45 pages]

3 Likes

Read this artical. Thanks Bing. I also hung out with Japanese people.
カフェマニアが教える『Eggs ‘n Things』の“パンケーキじゃない方グルメ”の楽しみ方 (msn.com)

1 Like

I watched this Let’s play https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1z047BnqJuY&list=PLl32tGbAYNErZ2L3dXakTwjCdmb-ifyW_&index=5
And made these recipies
忙しい朝でも大丈夫♪さくさくアメリカンワッフル レシピ・作り方 by さー88|楽天レシピ
濃厚な甘さに癒される「エッグノック」とは?自分流にアレンジ自在 - macaroni

2 Likes

Today I read the first chapter of Usagi Drop.

2 Likes

TIL of 気障ボーイ. Although it was written as キザボーイ in 「スキップとローファー」 (my favourite manga to date).

Hi,

Today I read four news in NEWS WEB EASY, no ふりがな and jisho by my side to check if I got right the new words’ pronunciation and meaning:

• this one on fining bycicle riders that violate the circulation rules,
  • this one on up-to-date data on Japan population forecast for 2050, -food for thought-
  • this one on the intention to shorten the security transit time in Japan airports, and
  • this one on the problems Daihatsu is experimenting as a result of this.
2 Likes

I had a failed immersion session yesterday! I got Super Mario RPG for Christmas and I decided it would be a swell idea to attempt to play in Japanese.

…I soon switched my Switch settings back to English. I’ll try again another time.

2 Likes

Today I saw Totto chan in theaters.
I understood everything, Yay!

5 Likes

Hi, 明けましておめでとうございます.

Today I read two sad news in NEWS WEB EASY:

• this one on the earthquake at Ishikawa prefecture and its aftermath, and
  • this one on the accident at Haneda Airport, where a JAL airplane and a Japan Coast Guard aircraft crashed.

Hope to read brighter news in the next days.

2 Likes

After a long immersion break (read: Christmas/New Year’s), I’m getting back into reading. I read the first story in this new Japanese reader I got recently. I like it so far, so I’m going to continue with the series.

1 Like

I could count that. I accidentally turned on the news when switching to HDMI. I felt the earthquake and 2 aftershocks.
I learned ひなん避難 for evacuate [from one punch man] , and in the broadcast said “津波逃げろ!!!” in Japanese, English and emojis :running_man::ocean:
Thank you for accessablity

1 Like

Read about what to do during a たいふう on NHK easy
台風が近くに来たときに気をつけること | NEWS WEB EASY (nhk.or.jp)
Yesterday saw youtube shorts of cats knocking things over with Japanese voice over. (Cat knocks over a TV with 見らない, a drink saying 飲まない and many things saying いらない, also the cat refers to their human as 神).

1 Like

Today I read chapter two of うさぎドロップ and read [#]サーティワン、イチゴとチョコレートづくしの新作フレーバーやサンデーが登場 - グルメ Watch (impress.co.jp) which was recomened to me by microsoft edge.

2 Likes

Earlier today I watched the first episode of Pokémon Concierge. The stop motion animation is so cute! I watched the episode with English subs first and then with Japanese subs.

Yes, Netflix does have JP [CC] subs with certain Japanese shows, usually Netflix originals. You don’t even have to do anything special like change your language or region, so that’s helpful.

3 Likes

read chapter 3, 4 and 5 of usagi drop.
I do recomend using what ever streaming you already use. I watch in Japanese while on discord with my boyfriend who watches in English. I ask him for help if I don’t understand something. Unfortionately the baskin robbins in my town is closed, so I couldn’t get the sundae :frowning:

1 Like