命令形/Imperative form missing

At the moment Bunpro has no grammar point for the 命令形/Imperative form, which seems like a pretty big omission.

While it is true, that there is almost no situation where you should use it yourself, understanding it is pretty important. Especially given that you will most likely hear it in emergency/disaster drills … or in real emergencies/disasters, so that might not be the best moment to ask for an explanation if you don’t know it.
Actually in any other situation where someone uses this form, might not be the best moment to ask for an explanation (with the possible exception of sporting events)

Furthermore, it is N4/N3 grammar (depending where you look), referenced in other covered grammar points like にしろ ( にしろ ) and the negative imperative form is already covered ( な (Prohibitive) ).

When I was searching for it, I only found a thread from about a year ago, and some apparently ignored feature requests after that. So I hope this new thread will bring this omission to the attention of someone, who can do somehing about it.
Thank you!

13 Likes

I’ve just spent 15 minutes desperately trying to find the grammar point for the imperative on bunpro only to find this thread and I agree that it seems to be a big omission. Imperatives are often used in video games/manga and well worth learning if you consume this type of content.

Amusingly my frantic search lead me to this bunpro grammar point that describes the imperative… in kansaiben!

https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/命令形-kansai

5 Likes

I’m going to post here every time I encounter the imperative in the wild to make my case.

Yes, this is meant as a threat.

6 Likes

Added it :bowing_man:
https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/命令形

16 Likes

Now you can’t complain anymore (at least not about this) :joy:.

Great job BunPro team!!

4 Likes

Amazing! Thanks

1 Like

頑張れ!

3 Likes

I’m French, please do not underestimate my ability to find things to complain about.

3 Likes

Haha! It was actually needed though, so I’m glad you insisted :blush::+1:.

1 Like