JLPT December 2020

Thanks!

Passed the N1! :slight_smile:

I won’t complain about the slowness of updates anymore, haha.

15 Likes

I watch yt opening his marks. That guy, although humble as hell, was able to freely make friends wiht japanese people and was reading only Japanes books for some time (2 years at that point i guess?).

When he notices he passed this time around he start crying on livestream and had to call his mother in. That’s how many times he failed it in past, and he got barely passing mark.

It is very weird test. You have to be quite an unordinary person to have such positive experience with it xD great for you. Maybe your Japanese is just too good to best tested at all :thinking:

Grats :hugs:

2 Likes

Well I believe it might be also about the whole test format with time restriction, stress of being in this weird environment and maybe topic of the books one is reading in Japanese. For example manga or light novels might not help much for passing N1, but reading news websites might be of better help?
My Japanese is certainly not as good as JLPT might suggest it is, I still have a lot to work on. Maybe I was lucky and the sessions when I took test were easier than usual :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You for sure already got “Japanese attitude” so that is saying something xD

2 Likes

@iariar Congratulations! So glad we’re finally there!
@lopicake Nice one! I know you’ve been working on that for ages so it must be a great feeling.

I’ve already been contacted by my community Japanese teacher who wants me to start selecting my N1 materials for her classes. Exciting!

8 Likes

おめでとうございます!まだ合格出来なかった人達頑張れ!

Tap for English

Congratulations to everyone who passed — and wishing those who may not have passed this time good luck for the next test!

6 Likes

@matt_in_mito @iariar @lopicake

Whoa! Congratulations! :partying_face:

cute_users_passed_congratulations

9 Likes

Damnnn grats, you are now in a extremely tiny percentage of people that start learning Japanese and actually make it to N1!

7 Likes

I believe you mentioned you will get a trip or something similar funded if you passed? Grats if that’s the case!

5 Likes

Yeah I texted my boss all excited this morning, but because of the bloody ridiculous time scale it takes for the results to come back (this year was over 7 weeks) we’ve missed the deadline, so it’ll have to be next year now. It’s a shame - I don’t usually get to go on 出張 - but then again there’s a big chance that this year will be all online, which would spoil the excitement, so maybe waiting until next year is for the best anyway.

7 Likes

Congrats regardless, at least it’s something to look forward to!

5 Likes

Crazy to think about it like that.

It’s seriously thanks to Wanikani and Bunpro, they really set me up with a solid foundation.

But especially Bunpro for facilitating my journey from N5-N1. I remember I had just barely finished the N4 grammar points on here before I took the N3 thinking I had no chance in hell. Just barely passed thanks to the kanji portion but whew.

Thanks so much @mrnoone and @Pushindawood for making such a great website! :slight_smile: Even though I passed N1 my Japanese journey is far from over, I look forward to continuing using it!

12 Likes

3 cheers for lopicake and the whole BunPro community as well!

7 Likes