JLPT December 2023

Now that the summer round of the JLPT is over, it’s way too soon :open_mouth: … I mean, it’s the perfect time :cold_sweat: to start aiming towards the next JLPT in December 2023! :partying_face:

Umm...

No comment about whether that’s because of needing to redo the same level again next time or because of hoping to get to the next level :grimacing: haha

21 Likes

Going from N5 yesterday to N3 in december wish me luck :sob:

22 Likes

I think it’s a toss up of if I passed N2 or not, but I’m gonna forge ahead with N1 study. Either way I’ll be back at some test site in December taking some level.

10 Likes

Good luck - but why skip N4?

It’s worth bearing in mind for everyone that the time between this July JLPT and the next December JLPT is shorter than the gap between a December JLPT and the following July JLPT exam.

6 Likes

All the other exchange students seem to be fine with N3 at the end of their exchange, so I should be too! Might try for N2 December next year if I have time with uni

3 Likes

I am 90% sure I failed N2 on Sunday (10% for being lucky and having some kind of hope lol) . Hopefully I will pass N2 this December!

6 Likes

I’ll be going for the N1 in December, never taken the actual JLPT before – only the sample tests – so it’ll be a journey. I’d like to do study abroad but I don’t know enough to say whether I can use the JLPT as proof of proficiency since my test for study abroad will most likely be before December despite the actual term being in April-July.
If anyone else is aiming to do study abroad or student exchange, good luck!

5 Likes

I’m gonna try taking the JLPT this December. I’ll either do N4 or N3. I have no idea how lopsided my studies are and I haven’t taken any practice tests yet. The nearest testing site is also more than two hours away, so I’d like to avoid taking the N4 in favor of the N3 as much as possible if I know I likely won’t fail the N3. I would like to have something to put on my resume by the beginning of next year.

4 Likes

If you have some money to spare try JLPT3 official book trial. I got mine from amazon . It’s just one test so a little pricey but it has all parts ( including audio ) and every part has the look and feel of the real test. For me it was worth the price.

3 Likes

Going to try and get a seat in London having failed to get one for July’s exam. To be honest it was nice having a break from the revision. But I found that doing JLPT helps me go from ‘yeah I kinda know it’ - > ‘oh I really do know it properly’ (and then unfortunately back again as the memory fades!)

5 Likes

If you don’t have money to spare, try it online for free here.
Click on the “JLPT Official Practice Workbook Vol. 2 (published 2018)” banner (vol 2 is more recent and up-to-date), then scroll down to the PDFs and audio files.
https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/sampleindex.html

10 Likes

pretty sure I failed the N3 too lol. Definitely gonna need to go for a stroll again in December.
散歩しましょう!!!

2 Likes

Aiming for N1 this summer. Will mainly focus on reviewing grammar here on Bunpro, and having a lot of immersion

3 Likes

I’m going to take a break in December and aim for a really confident N2 next July. Going to spend the next year with manga, novels, and video games, while also focusing on trying to speak more in daily life. Of course passive daily studying on WK and BP, but I don’t plan on opening a textbook for at least six months.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of signing up for the n4 this December but maybe worth skipping and going for the n3/n2 next December instead.

Wish we had it done twice a year here in Los Angeles again.

3 Likes

I wish I could take the test, but the nearest places that offer it are kinda far away (two of them are roughly the same distance from me) and I don’t see myself traveling in December anyway.

Besides, even if I did try, I would like to try for at least N2. I think I could pass N5 if I studied hard enough by the end of the year, but it’s not worth traveling to another state to take the lowest level.

For those that are going to take it: y’all have five months, so get to studying! :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah… I’m probably going to be rewriting the N3 :sweat_smile:

I’m going to really buckle down this time around.

2 Likes

I want to take the N1 next summer so I think I will try the N2 in December just to get a sense for the test. I don’t plan on studying for it specifically so I want to see what kind of result I end up with without specific study. If I don’t get a pretty high mark on the N2 then I will postpone on the N1 as I don’t actually need to sit the test but it is nice to have in your pocket. I think I could do the N1 in December but I would have to focus on studying for the test specifically, I think, and I don’t want to do that so…

Good luck to everyone in this thread!

2 Likes

Took the N3 in Tokyo on Sunday and was surprised how much of it I understood, even though I only passed N4 last December. If I passed that would be fantastic, but if I failed, I don’t think it will be by much. My game plan was always to take 1 year to pass the N3, so I should pass this December.

3 Likes

If you’ve passed it this time, will you try for N2 in December?