JLPT N2 Reading コツ

Like the title says, I know how to read and recognize kanji and it’s meaning but when they ask for certain questions like how did the author feel about or comparing two sentences. I have trouble figuring out what is what and you will have very limited time to think about it, because answers they give from prep books such as 新完全マスター or 総まとめ are similar and hard to distinguish which one is correct one out of 4 questions.

2 Likes

If I understand correctly you’re asking about nuances? Like, for example, what’s the difference between 攻撃、襲う、and 攻める? (Since they all can mean attack)

What? No, not that it is general aspect of answers that is given to yoú. Don’t have problem with nuances.

Your original post actually doesn’t have a question, so it’s a little hard to understand what you’re looking for. Could you explain a little more about what you’re trying to understand?

2 Likes

I am asking how to choose the correct answer among 4 given choices. Is there an easier way to accomplish that like for example looking for keywords that are the same on the text and one of the given answers. When it asked me what are the thoughts of the writer or his feelings about that topic etc.

Since I will have very limited time to do reading section I need some effective strategy thus why I asked about the ways to accomplish that efficiency.

Are you asking about test taking strategies? That’s a hard one for me to help you with, but there is this Japanese man on YouTube who posts videos with JLPT samples. He has a few on readings. Maybe his method might help you as you watch him showing you how to figure out the answer from the readings?

1 Like

I studied N2 master and took (passed) the jlpt n2. You have to just know the grammar points. There may be scenarios where you can easily tell its one point over the other because of something in the sentence that gives it away (maybe the question is looking for a grammar point that attaches to verbs only so obviously its not the grammar point that attaches to nouns and nas) but generally you just need to know which grammar points can be used for the sentence (generally it will be 1 or 2 of them) and then you need to know which is more correct for the specific sentence. There’s no shortcut around it.

There are always two answers which are very obviously wrong, so if you work those two out then your task becomes much easier.