Joining the Team!

Hey everyone!

I’ve joined Bunpro as a software engineer!

My job will be working on the front and back end to add new features, improve current features, and overall just make the site better and more accessible for everyone.

So far, I have worked on optimizing Bunpro’s codebase, removing unused or duplicated blocks. While that isn’t a visible change, it does positively impact you because the fewer lines of code we have, the fewer bytes that need to be sent, resulting in slightly faster load times.

I’ve also worked closely with @Daru to create the color blind mode that was just released.

I have been using Bunpro to study, so I’m excited for the perspective it gives me into the pain points you all experience and am looking forward to jumping into more projects to make the site better for everyone!

Thanks!

42 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome! Glad to see yet another addition to the team! Really looking forward to what you’ll accomplish!

6 Likes

The Bunpro team is growing so fast, this is exciting! :smiley: Congrats on the new job, can’t wait to see more progress ^^

6 Likes

I tried to like your post, but it keeps saying it’s “Not looking for hearts or updoots” :thinking: It’s good to see another face to join us in the struggle make this site better! Congrats on the new position!

3 Likes

When you said that, I tried to like the post to see if I get the same message. Didn’t get the funny updoots notification.

Welcome aboard, @tomtomtom. Do you happen to be a drummer? Just trying to guess the idea behind your username because that’s the first thing I thought about :grin:

4 Likes

Haha, @distantflower not a drummer. Just a guy named Tom :sunglasses:

5 Likes