初めまして、joining the team!

Hello, everyone! My name is Chihiro, and I have recently joined the Bunpro team as a Japanese Content Lead! I’m responsible for the Japanese part of Bunpro’s content.

Currently, I am focusing on improving the content by re-checking and correcting furigana in example sentences, and responding to feedback from all of you. So far, I have checked and corrected the furigana for N5 vocabulary example sentences, and will finish N4 by the end of this week.

As a native Japanese speaker and an English learner, I really enjoy helping fellow foreign language learners to learn Japanese, and I am excited to contribute and make Bunpro even better for everyone. If you have any questions regarding Japanese, feel free to contact me!
Thank you!

皆さんこんにちは!この四月から新しく文プロチームに加わりましたちひろです!日本語のコンテンツリードとして、文プロのコンテンツ制作に携わります。

現在は主にボキャブラリーの例文のふりがなの確認や修正をしたり、皆さんから頂くフィードバックにお返事したりしています。ボキャブラリーのふりがなの確認や修正はN5まで終わり、N4も今週中には完了する予定です。

私は日本語が母語で、英語を勉強中です。同じ外国語学習者として、皆さんの日本語学習の手助けができることはとても嬉しく、皆さんにとって文プロがより良い場所になるように、これから貢献していきたいと思っています。日本語に関する質問があれば、いつでもご連絡ください!
どうぞよろしくお願いします!

159 Likes

Welcome! Great to see (more) native speakers on the team.

日本語に関する質問があれば、いつでもご連絡ください!

逆に、英語について何か質問があれば、どうぞ聞いてください!

14 Likes

Welcome aboard!

6 Likes

Awesome, great to see the team expanded with more native speakers to make this an even better resource for all us learners! Welcome!

9 Likes

Welcome! Very happy to have one more person on the Bunpro team😄

7 Likes

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll have fun with us all!

5 Likes

Welcome to the team, Chihiro :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome, Chihiro!

Looking forward to the work you bring to the table!

5 Likes

Hi there!

Welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to your help!

4 Likes

Awesome! Welcome to the team :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome to the team!

3 Likes

Always happy to see more employees! Please do more with decks!!! More 方言! More 俗語!たのむ!

3 Likes

ようこそブンプロへ

3 Likes

Welcome!
きのこの山かたけのこの里?

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome, Chihiro-san! It is very exciting news to hear that BunPro has hired a Japanese Content Lead. That is a very promising development, and I wish you the best in your new position!

This is also exciting! I wonder if it would be possible for the BunPro team to include a little bit more detail in announcements such as this?

For example, when the folks at WaniKani announce content updates, they often list out the changes, and sometimes even include the reasoning behind some of the changes. For example, see this recent post which even announces some of the planned updates before they were made: WaniKani Content Movements: Wednesday April 19 - Wednesday May 31 2023 - Content Updates - WaniKani Community

Now, I am not actually asking for this much detail! :sweat_smile:

Actually, in this case, I was just curious as to approximately how many corrections to furigana you ended up making for N5. Honestly, it is just a random spark of curiosity that I think it would be fun and interesting to get an idea of ‘about how much’ BunPro has improved their furigana in this case.

I think providing such little tidbits of information and details of some of the changes being made to BP would – like it does with WaniKani (and indeed, like it has with some of the previous changes BP has announced) – give us customers/users a nice sense of how things are improving over time, and give us an even stronger feeling of confidence in BunPro.

It’s just a ‘nice to have’ thing, but I thought it was worth a shot suggesting it. Personally, I always appreciate those kinds of communications about ongoing progress! :nerd_face::sweat_smile:

Thanks for your introduction post. Welcome, again!

3 Likes

Thank you! I preferred たけのこの里 when I was a child, but now I’m definitely team きのこの山 :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome and for taking the time to provide us with feedback! I agree that sharing more updates with details would be beneficial for users and would help build confidence in Bunpro. Your suggestion has been brought to our team’s discussion table!

As for my furigana correction report, I have finished N4 vocabulary as well, and I’m afraid that I didn’t count the exact number of furigana that were corrected but there were not many in N5 and N4. The major furigana errors that I found were(何でも)なにでも → なんでも, and(◯◯会社)かいしゃ→がいしゃ, (一人)いちにん→ひとり, etc. Also, in case there is multiple possible furigana for a single kanji such as (描く) えがく and かく, I chose the more natural and commonly used one for each context. I hope this information would be helpful.

Once again, thank you for your message and suggestion! I’m looking forward to providing you an even better service in the future!

7 Likes

I don’t know if you understand how much I appreciate at this!

本当にありがとうございます :blush:

5 Likes