Jpdrills practice

I hope it’s ok to mention this one here. I was looking for another way to practice grammar besides using Bunpro and stumbled on jpdrills.com.
The site and options are pretty barebones, but it has a ton of vocab/kanji/grammar practice.

The best thing is the explanation for all the grammar lessons. Often very detailed, also explaning while the other multiple choice answers are wrong.

I study Japanese for 2 years now and somehow never saw this site mentioned before. Hopefully it can help others too here who also need more practice like I do.

1 Like

I tried it out. I like that the questions are in the same format as JLPT
(you have to fill in the blank from multiple choice, with no English hint)

For the actual JLPT, I’m worried I memorized the English to the answer instead of relying on context
They don’t have audio, which is too bad.

The grammar explanations aren’t as good as bunpro’s, and are a work in progress.

Since I’m taking the JLPT in July- I might use it after I finish my bunpro reviews.

It’s about half the cost of bunpro, and maybe half as good?

1 Like

I wanted to try it out, however they only accept paypal. so I’m unable to.

1 Like

For actual JLPT practice the Migii app might work better for you. I do have an issue with that one though, after about 140 lessons progress stopped and it’s only repeating older questions.
They’re looking into it and I don’t know if it’s an issue with the android version or if there is something wrong with my account, but just be aware of that.

I disagree about the explanations though - I learn so much from them, especially since they often also explain why the other answers don’t work. For me it’s a perfect way to practice the things I learned with BP. It also showed me how bad I still am :smiley:

You can try it out for free, max 15 lessons per day then. If you really like it - yes then you’ll have to open a Paypal account.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t agree with Paypal’s policies and what they’ve done in the past. So I’d be betraying my morals by using them. I hope they’ll have another way to pay soon because the program doesn’t look bad at all.

3 Likes

I don’t know about Paypals history, will google that, but since some sites only accept Paypal I do use it. I assume it’s the easiest to implement for a seller since it’s mostly the smaller websites that often only use Paypal.

I use PayPal literally every month for my Netflix and Hulu subscriptions, among other things. I’ve never had a problem with them.

In fact, my account got hacked once and I believe the hacker used $600 USD to purchase something online (can’t remember what it was), and I got completely reimbursed, even though it was my fault I got hacked. That was a long time ago though, so I don’t know if that’s still the case today.

Especially if it’s a website I don’t know, you bet I’ll use PayPal rather than inputting my credit card info. That said, in Japan PayPay is more popular, so it’s strange that, according to what’s been said, they don’t offer that option.

3 Likes

It’s more what they do as a company for public gains and opinion that I cannot support morally. and all banks have that “fraud” protection because it’s a law in the united states to have it. Though I’m not sure if you are a US resident.

Either way, I trust Rakuten or Wise far more than paypal. lol

2 Likes

I agree with you

2 Likes