Learn Kanji with AI-Generated Art!

Hey all!
For the past ~4 years my wife and I have been working on a website/iOS app for learning kanji using hand-drawn images called uchisen. I’m happy to say that the biggest update yet was silently released yesterday - Creating and sharing mnemonics with AI-Generated art!

All you have to do is type out a story that incorporates the parts and the meaning of the kanji and then use the Image Prompt text box to generate an image using the AI model DALL-E.

Once you’re satisfied you can click the Publish Mnemonic button and share your image and story with other Japanese learners.

All of this is available for free, no payment or subscription necessary! You can generate as many image mnemonics as you want and view other user-created stories & pictures for all 2200+ kanji without spending a single yen. We’d love to see some people get some enjoyment and use out of our website!

Please give it a try at uchisen.com. Click on any kanji card you see and you should find a horizontal list of all mnemonics to help you memorize that kanji.

There’s also an iOS app: ‎uchisen - Learn Japanese on the App Store (but the AI generation stuff hasn’t been added there yet, that’s next on my to-do list)

Please join me and create some funny and memorable stories! Feel free to reach out with any feedback or ideas, I’d love to hear them.

4 Likes

This is so swagged out, you might as well call it Guccisen!

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s the nicest compliment I’ve ever received :joy:

This is such a clever idea! Love it :grin:

1 Like

Thank you! If you get a chance to check it out please let me know what you think :grin: