Let's play Standard Shiritori! しりとりをしましょう!

These words are getting a little gloomy. Let’s go with something a bit more cheerful:

うた - Song

4 Likes

探検家 (たんけんか) = Explorer.

2 Likes

花粉症かふんしょう

4 Likes

羨ましい (うらやましい)= jealous

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s an I-Adjective, which are not allowed. Please take the time to read the OP to learn about the rules of the game. And with that, here we go:

しりとり!

4 Likes

:confounded: :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

I’m sorry I’m sleepy! :pray:

理由 (りゆう) reason

3 Likes

宇宙飛行士うちゅうひこうし - Astronaut

4 Likes

No worries.

Next word: 詳細説明 (しょうさいせつめい) = Detailed Explanation.

4 Likes

一体(いったい)one object

4 Likes

依頼いらい

3 Likes

射籠手 (いごて) = archer’s bracer

4 Likes

手間 (てま) = Labor.

3 Likes

マラソン大会たいかい

3 Likes

ばな - flower arrangement

5 Likes

花びら (はなびら) = Petals.

4 Likes

来週(らいしゅう)next week, or, that wonderous timeframe in which I can delegate all of my current problems to

2 Likes

Did you just play 漢字のしりとり unknowingly!? :thinking:

残念ながら… 「しりとり!」と言わないと。

2 Likes

I was under the impression that we were allowed to use rendaku or remove it. At least I’ve done it a couple of times before, though very few times. It’s alright though, we can restart.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the rendaku rule, it’s good to know for future use. But I reckon you should have started from な.

About the 漢字のしりとり (漢字りとり?), we could create a new topic and give it a go with the rules we made up.

2 Likes

Speaking of it, I will try to launch the thread today, if you are okay with that. These are the current rules:

1. No repeated words

2. All kanji readings are fine

3. Kanji readings can end in ん, but words cannot end in 者

4. Kana are allowed as long as the words start and end with kanji

Not sure whether we should include multiple kanji overlaps, like 学校生活 - 生活費; I personally have no problem with it and think it would make the game more interesting!

Is everyone happy with the current rules?

2 Likes