Let's play Standard Shiritori! しりとりをしましょう!

Welcome to the machigatta-curabu. I forfeited the first 漢字尻取 game doing the same thing.

We should get a badge for this. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

OK! We’ll look the other way… :smirk:

ちが - difference, but also mistake

3 Likes

意外 (いがい) = Surprising.

2 Likes

BTW, @Pablunpro, I’m good with all the rules. If everyone else agrees, then you can go ahead and start the thread.

Also, it would be good for both しりとり threads to reference each other by including links, in case people are not aware that there are two distinct threads.

3 Likes

Unless @blacktide is still around, a mod/admin/leader/person with the permission to do it will have to edit the OP of this thread :sweat_smile: Since we will ask if they could close this thread anyway, I think we could ask that as well.

I’m good with all the rules btw :+1:

4 Likes

OK.

I’ll leave them as they are (8 rules in all, as per the 8th edited version) and wait for others to reply. I’ll also wait and see if blacktide gets in touch.

I will then ask the admins to please close the old topics and, once this done, I will proceed to create the brand-new しりとり topic.

Good idea, I will do that.
I will also try to find a way to avoid people going into the machigatta-curabu, maybe by including emojis in the topic names so that it is clear which is which.

3 Likes

@Pablunpro and @NeoArcturus I’ve updated the rules for the thread! Let me know if I missed anything or you want me to change something else. :v:

3 Likes

はじめまして!

Thank you so much for updating the OP! :bowing_man:t2:

Following @NeoArcturus suggestion, this topic would then still be alive and there would be neither need for a new one nor to close the old (Matt’s) one.

(I agree with @Neon_Kitsune that this topic has gotten quite long, but this will happen anyway while we keep playing. :sweat_smile: )

@blacktide , could you please: :pray:t2:

• remove the sentence “If you say a word ending with ん the game ends (and you lose), since no Japanese words start with ん.”; and

• include the link to the 漢字尻取 topic somewhere at the end of the OP, thus: “There is also a kanji しりとり game going on here”, or something to this effect?

Thank you again, 良い一日を。

4 Likes

ところで、次のは

いわ - congratulations :wink:

3 Likes

I think that what is misleading is that both topics’ names start the same way: “Let’s play…”. Maybe if we take out the first bit (i.e. the part in English) it would be clearer?

2 Likes

Just an idea, but I could add “Standard” to the name of this thread so there’s a Let’s play Kanji Shiritori and a Let’s play Standard Shiritori if you think that would make it clearer.

I’m also trying to turn this post into a wiki so it can be edited by others, but doesn’t look like I have that option (screenshot above). Maybe someone with elevated permissions can do it?

3 Likes

いもうと
Younger Sister

(I have no idea how to do furigana here)

6 Likes

灯台とうだい — lighthouse

@NathanBell_Au if you want to use furigana you can add it like this:

<ruby>灯台<rt>とうだい</rt></ruby>
3 Likes

Yeah, as already mentioned, only regulars can make their posts a wiki, but I think we could ask one of the mods if they could make the OP a wiki.

3 Likes

怒ら鼻 (いからばな) =flared nostrils

5 Likes

Hi!

I think I see what you mean, leaving the title just in Japanese might not be a good idea. What you suggest makes sense, then.

As for turning the OP into a wiki, it is as @NeoArcturus says.

@veritas_nz @Jake , would it be possible to turn the OP of this topic into a wiki entry, お願いします? :bowing_man:t2:

Thank you again for your kindness. Nice day to y’all.

4 Likes

なんとか - something, but also somehow, one way or another

5 Likes

かおーface

6 Likes

つかれ - Thanks for your hard work (in working through the しりとり minefield)

5 Likes

レンガ = Brick.

4 Likes