Lifetime Sale, A Year in Review and 2024

Fantastic job and big kudos to the Bunpro team! It’s awesome to have seen the service expand and get polished since I first started using it in 2019. It’s such an awesome tool!

I also really appreciate the effort the team makes in responding to feedback/bug requests or grammar questions. Really makes you feel like people are dedicated to helping others learn this dope language!

Wishing y’all well, this new year!

6 Likes

Thanks to the whole team for all the great work this year! I’ve been using the site daily for years now and the improvements along the way have been wonderful.

Most excited for this one!

6 Likes

Nope, not delayed! Vocab will be coming out of beta in the not too distant future. Probably around the same time that the N2 and N1 decks are released as cloze.

7 Likes

As far as kanji goes, would be pretty neat to see you more tightly integrated with/working directly with WaniKani - but that’s a bit biased of me since I already use both of your services :slight_smile: Here’s to a great 2024!

6 Likes

I want to purchase the one year pass, maybe even lifetime. But are there any other ways aside from Paypal. I don’t have that and it’s too complicated for me. Is there a way to pay for this in Google Play? I looked all over the mobile app and couldn’t find it.

4 Likes

Congratz. Looking forward to another year and seeing what you guys come up with. Hopefully this time I dont take another extended break :sweat_smile:

As a side note, I believe people should be made aware of the myth that those gangster deer in Nara are polite. Most of them would harass us until they found other people to feed them. One even bit my girlfriend on the お尻 :rofl:

At least I managed to find this good boy at the end of the day.

11 Likes

Excited to see what spin you might be able to give to kanji that other tools don’t have!

6 Likes

Crossing fingers! Hopefully there’s something for us who lives in a tropical country too (coffee mugs would be great for my daily coffee/tea), although the hoodie posted back then looks darned cute!

6 Likes

I can literally find no fault with bunpro at all. The dev team is always listening, fixing bugs and improving the site/content and the community is awesome. Thank you for such an awesome year and here’s to a great next one!

8 Likes

It’s my first time making a post in the community, over the past few months I went from free trial, to the monthly, and now with this sale I finally pulled the trigger on lifetime. What really sold me was not just the actual platform that every other competitor can program, but the developer and community interaction. These are the “intangibles” that are truly invaluable.

20 Likes

Posting primarily just to say, I’ve found the site so helpful that I signed up for lifetime membership, so thank you for all your hard work on this.

The most helpful thing I’ve found is when i get it nearly right but get an amber message prompting me to be more/less casual or to think about particles I need to use. This forces me to rethink my answer and I love it.
Least helpful thing is when I get very close but it automatically gives me the answer showing what I missed, i.e a de at the end of the sentence.

Looking through your post, i would love to see this:

“Conjugation practice tool
Hopefully in 2024”

Conjugation is proving the biggest obstacle to me, most of the misses i get are because even though i recognise which grammar point i should use, implementing it correctly is something i mess up a lot (looking at you small tsu).

7 Likes

If kanji is indeed added, I’d like to request the ability to add to reviews from the highlight window.
It is a small detail but could save a ton of headache if you have one specific kanji that you cannot remember. Looking at you, 越.

5 Likes

Oooh, now that’s interesting!

My two cents: as far as I’m concerned if you release just a bunch of kanji decks (maybe following the usual N5->N1 structure) containing some vocab for additional practice and focusing on pointing out phono-semantic and ideographic compositions, you would have a strong base. My #1 frustration with Wanikani is that they insist on these inane English-based mnemonics while completely ignoring phonetic components that become so incredibly useful once you have a couple kanji under your belt.

That being said personally I’d be absolutely fine with bunpro just focusing on the grammar and vocab aspects. I worry about feature bloat.

9 Likes

Purchased!

After seeing many faults with and massive diminishing returns in terms of usefulness for WaniKani after level 20, I needed something else to go with my daily KameSame production and J-Drama listening practice. Bunpro is perfect!

My speaking, listening, and grammar bases are all covered.

Just from the 30 day free trial, my listening, speaking and reading has improved so much.

10 Likes

I got lifetime last year, but I just wanted to say, that as someone who likes the Anki system, three new features (one of them very recent) has added a lot of value for me:

– having the reading review type (the full sentence displays, grammar point highlighted, then I can reveal the English translation and grade myself)

– limiting the review sessions to user-determined batches

– and most recently, the ability to have new reviews scheduled for the start of the next day, rather than having them trickle out little by little throughout the day

All that to underscore Bunpro’s greatest strength: attentive developers who listen to their users and actually ship features that cater to their study styles.

THANK YOU!

12 Likes

Congrats on the wonderful year, Bunpro team! Thanks for continuing to add value to an already fantastic product.

5 Likes

The website supports Stripe and PayPal.
I thiiiink when the mobile app gets released out of Beta, there will be options on the respective stores for buying subscriptions. Not 100% sure though!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Not sure if you’re aware of this (it’s kinda hidden away), but at the bottom of Review Settings there is an option to turn this off. It’s called ‘Auto Highlight Errors’. Hope that helps :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you for all that you do, BunPro team.

Wishing you guys a wonderful holiday and a spectacular 2024.

4 Likes

I finally got a lifetime membership!
The trial version helped me immensely last year to study for the N5 (I passed :smiley:) but I couldn’t afford lifetime back then. Subscriptions aren’t my thing, so I took a break to save up and now I’m back. It’s great to see Bunpro has improved so much lately, here’s to many more great years!

9 Likes