List of Scripts

If I do a hard refresh on the dashboard and then click on the reviews link again it still doesn’t work before a hard refresh there. Could test clearing browsing data if it would help?

1 Like

Is there any way or script to disable this hint? Sometimes it gives out the answer right away, I usually like to spend some time tet-a-tet with the sentence trying to figure out what exactly is happening, so the hint somewhat ruins that.

1 Like

I am still doing N5 and I see that those hints appear when there are several ways to answer, when only one, it doesnt show this.

1 Like

Try this: Bunpro: Hide Tense

Let me know if you encounter any issues. Currently it may flash the tense information initially before hiding it, but it should disappear before you can really read it.

@Kumi feel free to add this to the list in your original post :blush:

2 Likes

is it possible to associate the anki mode with three keys in the keyboard? this way I wouldnt use the mouse.

in every review I mentally answer, click on show ansswer then if correct I click in the green button, otherwise, the red one.

But with keys would be faster.

1 Like

@evandcs Despite not knowing Javascript I think I was able figure out how to do this. What you need to do is go and add some code after line 15. Line 15 should already have this on it: document.getElementById("study-answer-input").disabled = true;
You’ll need to add the following code after it:

document.onkeyup = function(e) {
  if (e.which == 50) { //Shows answer
    $("#show-answer").click();
    $("#study-answer-input").val($(".study-area-input").first().text());
  } else if (e.which == 51) { //Submits answer as correct
    $("#submit-study-answer").click();
  } else if (e.which == 49) { //Submits answer as incorrect
    $("#study-answer-input").val("あああああああ");
    $("#submit-study-answer").click();;
  }
};

49 corresponds to the “1” key on your keyboard and submits the answer as incorrect.
50 corresponds to the “2” key on your keyboard and reveals the answer.
51 corresponds to the “3” key on your keyboard and submits the answer as correct.

You can change those keys if you want, you just need to look up an alt codes list.

This is how it should look in the script.

3 Likes

Did… did you just make it for me? :pleading_face:
ありがとうございました

I tried it during reviews, and it’s great.
Although, sometimes I want to have this hint back to figure out what exactly Bunpro wants from me. So I stole some stuff from Kumi to slightly modify your script and show the hint on the spacebar press like the other hints, code.

1 Like

I did! いいえ!

Great edit - I was thinking you might want that kind of functionality. Do you want to upload your version to Greasy Fork? Or I can update mine and credit you - whatver you prefer!

1 Like

It would be great if you could update yours.

And I totally love how pure it now looks

Anki Mode stopped working. It was fine an hour ago.

There’s a few lines that say $ is not defined.

Okay, will do that later and let you know when I’ve pushed the update!

Is Anki Mode still working for you (wondering if @Thusdrac’s issue is isolated)?

2 Likes

Yep, just installed it to check, works fine.

While tweaking the script I noticed that wait for selector sometimes doesn’t work when you go to the study page either directly or not from the main screen (like typing /study in browser bypassing the main menu or reloading the page), maybe it’s the problem?

2 Likes

Just checked and it doesn’t work when you click on review on the top bar. It works fine with the bigger review button on the left.

Thanks for the tip @durtle9831

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed a few quirks with one or two of the scripts not loading when navigating to the reviews page one way or another - usually a hard refresh fixes it. May be something to do with how Bunpro serves its pages/views.

2 Likes

Had a quick look at the code for this script last night. Not sure if the author is still active here, but I could probably modify it for you if you let me know which keys you’d like to use.

Edit: oops, it was already done!

2 Likes

Okay I’ve refactored the code a little bit and made it so that you can toggle the tip back off after toggling it on. I’ve renamed it “Toggle Tense Tip” to reflect that.

I’ve credited you in the code as " durtle9831/memosiki" - I saw the latter is your GitHub username. Is this how you’d like it, or would you prefer one or the other?

New script link (also added it to the original post in this thread): Bunpro: Toggle Tense Tip

2 Likes

I think this is too advanced for me, how would I know what grammar point to type in there?

past, negative, present? I think later I will be able to realize what to answer, still new to grammar :pensive:

1 Like

Same for me to be fair!

2 Likes

Neato! I like the cute lil .forEach at the end of the script. One small request though. @include includes only /study but script works flawlessly for cram sessions also, I couldn’t figure out what Grease monkey wants in that directive to add /cram so I changed it to bunpro.com/*, and it seems that this change got lost.

Thank you, that works fine :slight_smile:

Indeed it doesn’t work for sentences like
これ [put answer here]です。
(That’s why I really like the fact that now hint can be turned back on on-the-fly.) But when the sentence is somewhat long and contains an isolated situation, it’s really fun trying to untangle it. Just like when you overheard someone on the street and now trying to reconstruct the full picture.

Also, some hints are a ridiculous giveaway, for example, if I see [long form て + いく] in a text, erm, the whole sentence is abundant, I can type the answer simply from this hint. And to be completely honest I did that a lot for some grammar points.

2 Likes

Done! Sorry, I saw that you said it worked on cram pages but missed the edit that made it work! For some reason the space key toggle only worked outside the input on cram at first, but after a few refreshes it seems to be working inside and outside of the input. Let me know if you spot any odd behaviour!

I have noticed the script doesn’t seem to work for some sentences/hints, but for now I haven’t worked out quite why - the ones I’ve seen still seem to meet the criteria of what the code is targeting, but I must be missing something. But perhaps that’s desired behaviour based on those sentences/hints being of some particular type.

Interesting! I feel like I haven’t gotten quite far enough with my Bunpro journey yet to find these kinds of really obvious hints, but I might actually use the script a bit more once I do!

1 Like