Listening Practice/Reviews like SuperNative

One thing I, and I think many other learners, find hard to find are good basic listening resources. Bunpro has a lot of basic sentence audio clips. What if you added a mode in the settings where instead of being prompted by the sentence you get the sentence audio instead?

Just like SuperNative’s “Listen + Recall”. Where it would work like so,

1. Click review
  2. You’re brought to the review page, which is blank
  3. Sentence audio is played
  4. Prompt pops up to replay audio (i.e. normal/slow buttons)
  5. When you’re ready hit space bar to make the sentence appear, except the grammar being tested will be missing (i.e. particle, verb/adjective conjugation, vocabulary, etc)
  6. Then you have to type in what is missing from the audio but you can’t listen to it anymore

I’m not sure how hard this would be to program but all the resources are already there. You could even take example sentences from the other grammar points to make even more reviews. Like a sample sentence from けど except inside of removing けど, remove an verb conjugation or some thing. That way you could a lot more review possibilities and really make people focus.

This would also be better then SuperNative because it would be using grammar and sentence structures we are already familiar with instead of just random video clips that are all over the difficulty spectrum.

13 Likes