Logging into the Community requires five page loads and an error message





Every time I log into the community on my mobile browser, I have to go through this series of steps.

Click Log In
Log In
Error page (Click Bunpro Logo)
Scroll down to community
Click Log In

It really shouldn’t be this hard to log in.

I think basically the redirect to the community site after login is broken (but even if that was fixed we would have to click login again?)

Discourse supports CORS, so you could do something like have an alternative to the Error page on Bunpro which makes a Cross-Origin login request to Community, and then redirect to the community homepage.

Could also do this with a Content Security Policy that allows Bunpro to load the login page for Community in an iframe after the user logs in, and then redirects back to community.

It’s also possible to do something with postMessage if you want to load a Bunpro iframe inside Community.

Anyway, it’s been a while since I’ve worked on web stuff but this is one of the classic, not-so-easy problems to solve.

1 Like