Looking for online sites to read about "everyday" Japanese topics

こんにちは!
最近は日本語で読むことを上達するために、日本語が使われるスレを探しています。もちろん、文プロで色々なスレを見つかっていますから、非常に嬉しいです。でも、誰かが他のところを知っていますか? 日常的な話題とか、ブロッグとか。。。何でもいいです。本当に
役に立ちますと思います。

ありがとうございます!
(変な書き方で書きますなら、すみません。僕にとって、書くことは読むことよりもっと難しいなんですけど。。。)

6 Likes

It depends what you mean by “everyday” but here are a few options of varying quality and types:

• twitter (I will assume you know what this is)
  • note (a sort of blogging/article publishing site, probably this is what you’re after)
  • 知恵袋 (like quora but Japanese, you may need a vpn to access it)
  • yahoo news (news aggregation of mostly celebrity gossip and trash etc, very “everyday” in at least one sense of the word)
  • 朝日新聞 or any other more serious newspaper (under the culture, opinion, lifestyle categories you’ll find lots of articles about everyday topics)
5 Likes

Newspaper.

3 Likes

So far this has helped. Btw I love the commitment to write the whole question in JP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/tplszy/reading_for_n5n4_level/

It says n4, but it not limited to that

Also, its not exactly everyday but also helps

https://learnnatively.com/browse/jpn/?language=jpn&lvl=n4

2 Likes

I think there are already some good suggestions here in terms of “everyday topics”.

Not sure if you’re near a Japanese bookstore or not, but if you are I’d try browsing through their magazine section. Most magazines will have an online site where you can read a ton of their articles, opinion pieces, etc. for free.

For example:

If you don’t have access to a Japanese bookstore, I’d just pop “雑誌 + topic of interest” into Google and see what comes up!

4 Likes

And if you like the idea of reading magazines but don’t have a Japanese bookstore nearby, your local library system may be worth checking out. A lot of libraries now have extensive online magazine collections. I’m not sure if Overdrive is a thing outside of the US, but they have a large Japanese magazine collection within their “World Languages” section and you can read those magazines if you have a library card.

3 Likes

Hamster Sokuhou and GirlsChannel

I personally read NHK Easy news, can be a bit easy but I find real news too difficult. If you have a good set up for making flashcards like Yomitan it can be very good for expanding vocab.

I read your Japanese and understood it perfectly first time.

Woww thanks for all the suggestions! :grin:

Thanks!!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Great to hear!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Okay there are a lot of great suggestions here, so I’m not going to respond to each reply, but huge thanks to everyone for the suggestions :grin::grin: Should be enough to keep me occupied haha