Marking whole swaths of grammar as known

Hello there nihongo friends,

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I’ve been unable to find a solution. I started bunpro having already known a decent amount of N5 level grammar. I am wondering if there is any way to mark entire sections of N5 grammar as known, instead of going through literally every single grammar point, clicking add to reviews, and then clicking “I know this.”

If there is any easy way to do this, please let me know! よろしくお願いします❣

1 Like

Hey! There isn’t any way to do it right now but it is on the list to be released with the first round of beta features, probably sometime in the coming weeks.

10 Likes

While waiting for the beta features, why not try the opposite of what you are currently doing? By that I mean instead of ignoring items, just choose a few unknown items a day to “Add to Reviews”. You can then pick and choose which items to focus on.

5 Likes

Also, in the settings, under general, you can change the N-level that Bunpro feeds you.

3 Likes

Yeh but then you’ll miss out on that sweet, sweet XP

4 Likes

As someone who did go through every single grammar point in the the lower levels to check “I know this” I think there is some merit to seeing everything that’s in those levels.

My level when starting out on bunpro was reviewing N3 and learning/reviewing N2. When I went through the lower levels I actually added a few grammar points that I often mis-conjugated and some things that I had heard before, but never fully studied. Even in the N5 level. If there had been a way to mark them all as learned without looking I probably would have missed them.

However, I am the kind of person who doesn’t want to miss anything, gotta catch 'em all! Perhaps a more efficient approach might have been to assume anything at that low a level that I had somehow missed would come up enough in the wild that I would learn it through osmoses. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

very good point! I started doing just that and realized there’s a few things here and there that I forget or confuse with other things. definitely gotta catch’em all

3 Likes

I agree. There is a lot of value in practicing the basics.

Please ignore this post. I figured it out: select grammar > …

Dear Jake, Just following up on this. Now, is there a way to mark entire sections of grammar as know?

1 Like

Not only for grammar, but also for vocab. I also want to give BunPro a try for vocab, but needing to click on the item , open the detail page and then mark as known is cumbersome if I know a lot of vocab items already.

2 Likes