Missing grammar list

(Adjective)く+は+ない and く+も+ない have been mentioned elsewhere but I still think this would be a good addition.

悪くはない

まずくも美味しくもないです

2 Likes

Just found ところを on Duolingo. More info here:

http://maggiesensei.com/2015/09/02/how-to-use-verb-ところ-tokoro/

1 Like

I hear this all the time, would be great to practice here.

感じがする・かんじがADJ
感んじの・感じに
って感じ

http://maggiesensei.com/2018/05/27/how-to-express-your-feelings-how-to-use-感じ-kanji/

4 Likes

@conan Hey! Both やいなや and べからず are coming to N1 in the near future.

@TheSuicidalMuffin

Is this what you are looking for? Cheers!

@Melanthe and @nekoyama I have updated わけだ so that it is easier to find in Search. Cheers!

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. Cheers!

4 Likes

Today in my class I came across a sentence like:
食べても食べても太れない。」
No matter how much I eat, I can’t gain weight”

My teacher said it is JLPT N3 level grammar but it isn’t taught in the book we’re using. I guess it is a stronger version of 「食べても」but I don’t really know. I tried to google for it, but wasn’t able to find anything :thinking:

2 Likes

@Tim_Mahrt439 Hey! Maggie Sensei covers this a bit here. Search for “VてもV ても= V temo V temo” in your browser when you get to her site. Here is a breakdown in Japanese and some more examples. Unfortunately, the translations are in Chinese. Cheers!

4 Likes

Genuinely surprised no one has asked for this yet (or maybe it’s already in bunpro and I’ve missed it?)
There should be a point for where が and の can be swapped in subclauses.
e.g
友達 書いた本
友達 書いた本

It’s definitely quite common and it’s not uncommon to see people asking about it.

10 Likes

てやる as a very familiar form of てあげる

1 Like

I’m sure this grammar point is already on Bunpro?

1 Like

Nothing showed up on search and it isn’t in the list of related grammar points on てあげる

Gorganite’s response was to another user, it seems!

2 Likes

A question to the bunpro staff, when do you guys plan to add these missing points and the missing audio? How much is left for a 100% complete grammar completion? Like for example if I do every single grammar point available right now would I be able to understand any anime and manga?

You’d be able to understand the grammar they use for sure. But you also need vocabulary knowledge to complement that. Given both, you’d be well on your way to reading whatever you want.

They’ve been gradually adding both over time.

Assuming you practice vocab at the same time, and ideally kanji, you should start to understand things very quickly.* I found manga to be workable around N4 level, and it just gets easier from there.

*Very quickly as in, as you study, you’ll be able to quickly identify the things you’ve studied. Reading fast comes with practice of reading, not just grammar/vocab studies alone.

2 Likes

~てみせる is one I’ve seen around but isn’t on Bunpro

3 Likes

かと思う - I suspect that…/I imagine that…/I get the feeling that…

It was used in an N3 level listening test

1 Like

I am currently studying Tobira ch. 4 and I’ve noticed a missing grammar point:

I was also wondering if the なんか grammar point could be put in between the とかんがえられている and まず grammar points to mirror the order in which they appear in Tobira.

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been mentioned; anyway, I don’t think ~まし is covered on the site yet, right?

^This is the only page a quick Google search brought up for me for this grammar point, so it looks like it might not be common/well-known?

Might also be worth having a grammar point for ~ませ.

2 Likes

This grammar point is the one for まし. The building blocks are slightly different but it essentially has the same meaning.
This is one of my favourite grammar points because I remember saying that I’d rather eat my 母の料理 to mushrooms (I hate mushrooms) - My Japanese teacher said 文法大丈夫だけどマシューさんのお母さんの料理はまずいですか。 and I said とってもまずいです! - the whole class exploded in laughter… so that’s why I will never forget that grammar point.

6 Likes

Any plans to add させていただく?

Also, on the example sentences for お(v)いたします I was getting rejected for adding in お送りさせていただきます for example, but had thought they mean essentially the same thing and are pretty interchangeable?

5 Likes