Mistakes in example sentences

I stumbled either upon a small error in an example sentence in the じゃないか -lesson or don’t understand what the sentence means to convey/how it translates into english.

んでないで明日のテストの勉強をしたほうがいいたがいいんではないか。

Is the final example sentence in the Detail-tab for the lesson and translates to:
“Instead of playing around, wouldn’t it be better if you studied for the test tomorrow?”

I think the second たほうがいい is just wrong here?
Possibly on oversight as it is once written with the kanji for ほう and once without.

If I’m missing something here, feel free to ignore this (and possibly help me out).

1 Like

I am not a pro, but I agree I have never seen a sentece like this before. By the way I think they made a post recently that they’re going to fix small mistakes like this now after they finished the N5-N3 rewrite or something.

1 Like

This is an error. We are currently going through and fixing all errors in the N4 writeups. Unfortunately the offline forms that we use to make the writeups are a bit cumbersome, so the only way we can easily find mistakes like this is through uploading the old version to the website and then going through them one by one. They should all 100% correct within the next few days maximum.

Apologies for the inconvenience :bowing_man:

3 Likes