N1 Update + New Grammar! - June 12, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Although it is already live, as some of you may have noticed, this is just a quick notification that the additional 6 sentences of lessons 3 and 4 in N1 are now on the website, and may appear in your reviews as well. :sunglasses:

As with the first batch, these were all written by native speakers, with the main focus of using the grammar points in the most natural way possible. Lessons 5 and 6 should be ready to go in the following week, and we are still on schedule to have everything done within the next month.

New N1 grammar!

In addtion to the new sentences, we have also added another 5 new N1 grammar points. These are as follows:

ともあろう
こそすれ
並み
に先駆けて
を機に

Hopefully there are some new and interesting points here that help to fill in a few of the trickier gaps in all of our N1 learning struggles!

Hope you’re all having a fantastic weekend, and as always, feel free to send us any and all comments and feedback that you have! :partying_face:

47 Likes

I suppose you mean June 12th and not April.
But nevertheless: Nice! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve never been good with numbers :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Great work recently :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very glad to hear about the recent updates to N1 since I’m gonna tackle it this year in December :blush:

2 Likes

that’s so great to know about those new grammar points!!!

Struggling a lot in the beginning of N2 now, one day I will hit N1 and see those updates :smiley:

2 Likes

@Asher

Can’t proceed with reviews because of an error with a new sentence for にして① : 宝くじに当たって一夜にして 大金持ちになった彼が、お金の価値を理解する事は無いでしょう。

2 Likes

Nice work! Started studying these, and would like to see audio for these as well at some point. I hope you guys can fit it into your busy schedules.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I wanted to follow up again on this. I noticed that the rest of the N1 grammar points still don’t have audio. Do you guys have any plans on adding these in the near future?

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply! We would still like to have audio for these as soon as possible. Haruna and I are in Australia until the last week of May, so recording good quality audio is a bit tricky for us from here, but we are planning on getting on the audio as soon as we get back.

We are also going to be releasing quite a few new grammar points (not just N1) between now and then, so those will also take fairly high priority to get audio as soon as we are back in Japan. Sorry for the huge delay on this, we know it’s a pain in the butt when you want audio for something ad it isn’t there! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for your response! I am really excited to hear you guys are going to be releasing new audio along with even more grammar points.

Looking forward to it in the next few months!