N2 Grammar is really easy - what is everyone's problem?

Watch out, I am mentally preparing myself to beat your N2 average or I will reset my N2 results until I do.

4 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t meant as such, but how about we don’t ridicule people for trying their best. Learning a language is hard. It’s harder for some than it is for others depending on a variety of factors (native language, level of immersion, amount of free time to study/practice). What is easy for you may not be easy for the person next to you.

So instead of making fun of people for not having the best accuracy, let’s congratulate them for trying their best and working hard to improve instead of pushing them away from learning another language altogether by telling them they’re not smart enough, and “what’s wrong with you?”

4 Likes

I totally agree with you, but you have not got a joke I think: he got just one review with one grammar point from n2.

We are having laugh here at joke as friends should have from time to time.

I would bet that @kerehat is very likely to be British or from some part of US that just value sarcastic humour. 100% nobody here means any harm although it can look like that on surface lvl.

It took me while to notice as well. Just weird quirk of english culture :hugs:

But it seems true to me: I sometimes got a feeling that it is not exactly a place where newcomers can feel easy to enter. It is a shame indeed, but not by design.

5 Likes

No, I saw what was going on (literally the only part of the picture not blurred out), but I didn’t find it very funny. You’re right, maybe it’s not my kind of humor as it is easy to take the wrong way.

As a teacher, I just know people run away quickly at the first sign of failure or ridicule. So just the title alone without even looking into the full topic could be means for someone to lose motivation.

3 Likes

I am salesperson so I totally agree with you. But he made what he could to make it into joke. It will be total desert here without an inch of humour. D :

You maybe can’t see it yet, but I can see that many know people are starting in this kind of threads since they can be afraid to start in serious debate kind of thread to not risk being ridiculed. It lowers the tension.

In this thread alone is one person posting for a first time. Jokes work better as a starting point :hugs:

5 Likes

I thought it would be obvious that it’s a joke since I only had a single N2 review at that time which wasn’t even really a review as it counts as a review when you enter the first example sentence immediately after learning a new item on Bunpro. Sorry if it offended you but I don’t agree it was that bad

Nope, I’m from Germany. But I guess the stereotype is true, we Germans just don’t have any humor lol

9 Likes

Mate, I have started to like you and you are German? xD

After previous posts I am not sure if I have to add it but I love your country culture:Nietzsche, Goethe, Schopenhauer, Kant, Jung (? Not sure about that one, i believe he was native to the language though) just to name a few :hugs:

1 Like

いいえ、いいえ、ドイツ人🇩🇪も楽。私も本当に笑ってた。冗談ありがたいね。

3 Likes

I’ll have to admit before I saw the one review all I could think was
Oh another “pick me” person lol

1 Like

Wow, you’re doing great.

2 Likes

N1 is very easy… don’t worry about it.
My average review percentage has never been so low before. haha

(its actually OK… just some grammar points are similar to other N2 points, which makes it a bit confusing from time to time hehe)

1 Like

I mean, 2 is a smaller number than 3, 4 and 5 so surely that’s why it’s easier. :rofl:

7 Likes

Don’t worry guys, once I get to N2 the accuracy average is gonna go down very quickly. No no, don’t bother calling me a hero it’s just what I do

6 Likes

I’m pulling down the N1 average for you guys. :sunglasses:

12 Likes

hehe

5 Likes

In my opinion, global averages aren’t meant to make you feel bad. They’re there kind of as a guideline, and a reassurance that you’re not supposed to be getting everything right. And your own will go up! I was averaging 40-50%s at one point, and now im mid 70%s. It’s kinda neat being able to see that progression tbh.

9 Likes

Where can I view these stats? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here you go

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Ugh, only 87% acc for me? I need to go practice :rofl:

grafik

3 Likes