New Grammar! - March 24, 2020

Thank you for showing me you can edit titles! :smiley:

1 Like

The new あと grammar point immediately reminded me of Majora’s Mask!!

Dawn of the first day, 72 hours remain…

6 Likes

I hope it has by now!

Since an update is pretty huge with a lot of records, an update only about once a week, so your update may not have occurred yet.

I‘ll add an option to manually trigger an update in an upcoming app update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are there any plans to put together a path for Tae Kim’s Guide to Japanese? I happen to have it on hand, but not the other books.

6 Likes

@Chun-Free Welcome to the community!

Yes, a Tae Kim Path is near the top of our to-do list at the moment. We are trying to get it set up so that both those with the book and those that use the site can quickly and easily reference either resource. We hope to have something for you soon. Cheers!

14 Likes

February 18, 2020

New grammar is here! With this update, we have decided to expand upon several existing grammar structures as well as delve into some highly requested grammar points.

ている② - Bunpro N5, Lesson 6

ている③ - Bunpro N5, Lesson 8

ないといけない - Bunpro N4, Lesson 7

こえる - Bunpro N4, Lesson 7

える - Bunpro N4, Lesson 8

We hope to have improved search functionality made available soon. Cheers!

22 Likes

I was wondering why my N5 and N4 bars suddenly weren’t full anymore! Appreciate the update!

8 Likes

aww yis, more beginner stuff!

5 Likes

Thanks as always guys :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you, I actually came here to bring this up again after noticing that わけ still doesn’t bring up all of the わけ grammar points :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Always a good feeling to re-fill those lower bars when a couple points I already know get added :sunglasses:

That being said, it’s been about 6 months since the last time N1 was mentioned, do you have any more information you can give us in that department? I understand the desire to expand and improve upon the lower levels (and the improvements really are great!), but I was able to pass (even if barely) JLPT N2 using Bunpro as my primary grammar source even with only about 80% of the points covered at the time, which I believe is around 70-75% of the current N2 total.

I’m planning on taking N1 in December this year, and while I have other resources I plan on using (especially since Bunpro isn’t available yet) I’d love to be able to use Bunpro alongside them! (I also don’t expect to pass the first time around anyway, but even just some transparency in this area would be greatly appreciated :blush:)

Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing constantly to improve Bunpro! It’s a truly amazing resource and only getting better!

12 Likes

I’m currently going through N4, but I don’t seem to get the new N5 lessons in my study track. How can I force this to happen?

EDIT: Oh wait I only had N4 selected in the settings

4 Likes

@Kai It looks like there is still something funky going on with the search but we pushed a fix that should properly return anything relevant to the grammar points that you are searching for. Cheers!

@Houndstooth Thank you for your comment and ひさしぶり! There are just a few more grammar points that we would like to add/expand upon before going all in on N1. We have pretty much everything set up (order of the grammar points and what grammar points we are going to add) and are working on writing sentences for N1 as we speak. Thank you for your kind words and for your patience. Cheers!

8 Likes

お久しぶりですね! Thanks so much for the update, I really appreciate the info and even more knowing that while we don’t see much going on with N1, that doesn’t mean it isn’t actively being worked on :blush: With y’all’s track record for improvements and hard work I don’t know why I was worried in the first place. さすがの文プロ :smile:

8 Likes

I’d love it if the N5 grammar went into the pool even if I have N4 currently selected

9 Likes

UpdaTE! - March 3, 2020

New [て] grammar is here! This new batch dives deep into the て-form, covering a variety of conjugations, examples, and contexts.

Yo dawg, we heard you like て…

Verb[て] + B (Sequence) - Bunpro N5, Lesson 7

Adjective[て]・Noun[て] (Conjugation) - Bunpro N5, Lesson 9

Adjective[て] + B (Qualities・States) - Bunpro N5, Lesson 10

[て] + B (Reason・Cause) - Bunpro N4, Lesson 5

Verb[て]・Noun[て] + B (Means・Manner) - Bunpro N4, Lesson 9

Happy studying!

29 Likes

Just when you think you have finished N5 and N4 more get added :sob:

Thanks for these updates though!

12 Likes

10 Likes

This is a really slick way to illustrate how the て-form is understood. Bravo :clap:

16 Likes

Honestly until I saw this sentence I didn’t even consider that using と to do this sounded weird.

According to HelloTalk, while you can use it that way using で is more natural.

7 Likes