Question about progress stages

Hi everyone!

First of just want to say that I’m loving the site and it’s been helping me immensely as a beginner.
However, I have a question. I have been using the site for around 2 weeks and I noticed that none of my learnt grammar points were going above the “Adept” stage, which causes me to have around 70 grammar points in this stage. The ones that are currently “Master” were the ones I set myself. Is this normal? If so, how long would it take for a grammar point to go from one stage to the next?

2 Likes

Hi, theres actually more than 5 stages, each stage besides Master also has 2-4 “sub-stages”, like beginner has beginner1-4, expert has expert1-2
So even thought it looks like its not moving, it could have moved from Adept 1 to Adept 2 - click on it to see more detailed breakdown.

The SRS intervals from their FAQ page are 4hrs, 8hrs, 24hrs, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months.
So getting an item all the way to master takes more than a year, unless you select it as known (which you did for 11 grammar points) - only use it for stuff you are confident in and dont want to train, if its something you are familiar with, but have not mastered, its better to just train it normally.

Here is the faq page with some other stuff too

6 Likes

Ohh I see, that makes sense! Thank you for the quick answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes