Quick question to admins: missing audio

Quick question: when will you add remaining audio for sentences?

Just want to know if it’s worth to purchase forever license now or if the project is abandoned? There doesn’t seem to be much activity, but I could be wrong of course, as I just joined recently.

Anyway, so far everything seems good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Audio is kind of in a weird place right now. We have changes we want to make to the sentences before we implement audio for them, but we haven’t been able to make those changes yet, so we haven’t progressed much on the audio front.

We have been focused a lot on bug fixes and behind the scenes stuff which is why outwardly it looks like there hasn’t been much activity, but we have been pretty busy none the less.

I can’t really give you a good timeline, but I would like to see us putting more audio in from September on. We have a lot planned for now until then that will hopefully allow us to do that.

10 Likes

Can you possibly say what your plans are? Or maybe link me to a thread where it is discussed?

For example of one the things that I personally would have liked to see is increased number of sentences so that you are presented with more different sentences rather than the same ones. Also, possibly more complex sentences even for the lower levels as in reality they tend to be more complex rather than simple statements “x does y in z” or such.

Hm, so far I haven’t really encountered any bugs, at least that I can see.

Anyway, thank you for your answer!

I guess I will buy the forever license when it’s on sale again. Pardon me asking, but would you be able to say when you are planning to put it on sale again? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If anyone can relate, I can’t really get enough listening practice because it’s challenging. I trust the BP team is busy but if there is a top ten or five list, my vote is to put the audio as a top priority. Reason being is that many users are in N3 or higher and this will predictably increase. Once a SRS level is completed, the encounter for that sentence is now essentially lost (unless utilized again in the Cram feature). In addition, I often practice BunPro in places where I can’t read the sentences aloud. The audio is really one of my favorite features and makes a BP a complete package IMO. After all, the grammar practice for listening/speaking is just as essential (or if not more) than reading/writing for many of us. Someone made comments on the voice actress long ago but thought that was rude (I think she is excellent so hopefully not a determining factor).

6 Likes

Hopefully one of the bugs you’re working on is the audio not playing in Safari issue. I would also love more audio added, but most of the time I can’t hear what is already supposed to be there, so it’s not a priority for me.

2 Likes

Throwing in another vote for adding new audio to sentences that need it. :grinning:

1 Like