Recently added furigana to examples

Can I ask why furigana in brackets is being added to example sentences?

It makes it extremely annoying to read the sentences and there is no way to turn it off.

I’m guessing it’s because furigana is not available on the app when you click on kanji, as it is on the web?

Ugh, I really don’t like it.

Hey @rlanger,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you share a screenshot of an instance of the furigana? Also a bit of information about your device and the page you are viewing would be helpful :bowing_man: !

I think I may have fixed it by applying the v2 Wani Kani api token. Not sure yet, but I don’t see it any more in my examples.

They looked like this though:

天気 (てんき) 予報 (よほう) によると 明日 (あした) は晴 (はれ) です。

I’m see this when going to example sentences during reviews using Chrome (PC). This only seems to be selective entries, not all are doing it but it’s been several:

Yes, that’s exactly what I was seeing too, but on my Win10 machine using Brave Browser, and it wasn’t on every grammar point either.

But, as I mentioned, since I updated my WaniKani api, I haven’t experienced this. Will do some more reviews today and report back if it comes up again.

1 Like

I actually keep furigana off entirely (though I have an v2 API entered). On a different computer now and those issues are not there, go figure.