Released! Bunpro Grammar Explanations, N4

I honestly thought this had already been reorganized. The sentences were rewritten so that nothing would conflict with the new order :unamused::unamused:… Clearly I have a peanut for a brain :sweat_smile:. Will make sure it is reordered asap!

N3 is only a few days away :grin: (all going well!)

14 Likes

!!! I’m so excited! Almost finished with the N3 grammar points lmfao but would love an official write-up for some of the more similar grammar points to go over.

Absolutely no pressure meant by this, but is there a timeline for N2 grammar point write-ups as well? Will the N3 grammar points be moved around like the N4 points?

2 Likes

N3 will be moved around, but not as extensively as N4 was.

Unfortunately I cannot give a set time-frame for N2 yet, as there are a couple of interim projects that need to be completed straight after N3. However, it is still our (the content team’s) goal to have the basic writeups for both N2 and N1 finished by the end of 2022, if that is any indicator.

This would mean that N2 would be expected around 3 months before N1. So N2 itself would be out by early August at the absolute latest.

5 Likes

hey @Asher ,
if i may ask, what is bunpro list of vocab based/focused on? is it most frequent words only? japanese native education system? literaly every words on dictionary? core 10k? or else?
just curious

2 Likes

N5 and N4 were a mix of standard frequency lists, as well as the vocabulary included in genki. From N3 onwards, it is basically just a mix of frequency, vocab words that appear in various textbooks, and pure judgement calls from the content team on what words actually do appear very often in real life.

Note that the last one is not a huge influencer, it’s more just for cases where a very common word like 申請 (to make an application) might appear in N2, but we would potentially put in in N3 rather than a word like トランペット (Trumpet), which many people are quite likely to recognize on their first time seeing it anyway.

5 Likes

Nice to see this fixednow. I think the N4 Grammar Deck isn’t following the order in place now, it’s still following the order it had just before the fix.

2 Likes

you are the best! thank you for your hard work!
I am recommending Bunpro to all my friends :wink:

7 Likes

We are really happy that you like Bunpro :partying_face:
Thank you!

6 Likes

When my Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar arrived in the post I was flicking through and literally freaking out that “there is a whole section here just for conjunctions!!!”

My partner gave me the side eye like, “who are you and what have you done with my husband?”

3 Likes

An excellent Dictionary if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

That’s a hell of a section… starting page 666.

4 Likes