Resetting main reviews resets everything

I had a bit of a pile up of reviews, so I wanted to reset the grammar only for the items that are currently on my review pile. I chose the “Ghost Reviews” option first, which reduced the reviews by 40-50 items. Then I chose the “Main Reviews” option, thinking it would only reset the progress for the items with pending reviews. However, that option reset everything, even items that already had an SRS level of 12 (or in other words, I ended up with 0XP). That’s certainly not what I was expecting. Pretty unhappy with this. Manually clicking “I know this” for a whole bunch of items now…

3 Likes

Ah, that really sucks :disappointed_relieved: Sorry to hear that all of your progress was accidentally reset to zero. Sounds like it was quite a pile of reviews you were trying to deal with.

And thank you for sharing! Hopefully other people who are considering whether to reset or not, will take notice that resetting main reviews will reset literally all the progress so far.

There’s no ctrl+z from that, unfortunately, so the following tip won’t be of much help to you. However, what I would’ve done to reset pending reviews is to go to profile and click the “show upcoming reviews”. Then I can manually reset only the ones currently available (even if going through all of them takes a while).

I’d be really discouraged if I were to lose my progress. Sending good vibes your way :herb:

2 Likes

The same happened to me exactly today. Just came back to Bunpro after the holidays and wanted to remove only the ~80 items I had for review because it was grammar I crammed for the JLPT and didn’t really learned. Clicked on “Ghosts Reviews”, and the queue was down to 50, so I was expecting that clicking on “Main Reviews” would only remove the remaining items from the queue.

I really wish the support team could take a quick look at this and rename the option, because the wording “Main Reviews” is confusing. Wiping the whole account should be a separate button with an email confirmation or something more secure.

I’m taking this as a chance to do a fresh start and get stronger with my grammar, so I’m not discouraged, but this will probably happen again to other people until its changed.

2 Likes