Review Forecast

Is it normal that I am only having 4 grammar reviews today? That is what I’m showing on my daily/hourly review forecast。I’ve completed both n5 and n4 so far。I would normally get 90 or so daily and I have not changed any of my review settings either。。

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I’ve read somewhere that the review forecast is a bit buggy, but how much time has passed since you finished N4?

1 Like

It’s been a couple of weeks I think… I am just wondering if this is how the SRS works. If so, I will just leave it that way and work on my reading and listening skills while I wait for new grammar reviews.

1 Like

I guess if you haven’t added any new items to your review queue in the last few weeks, it could be possible that the reviews just so happened to be timed that you only have four reviews today. Remember, the higher the SRS stages of the items, the longer it will take until you see them again until you master them.

1 Like

Oh I see what you are saying. Thank you!

3 Likes

Yeah just checked your queue – seems pretty normal to me!

No stress just keep trucking – and also enjoy those quiet days too 8)

1 Like

Review forecast is pretty worthless to me. Routinely I will go to bed with the forecast predicting one or two reviews by the next morning, and when I wake up it is instead ten or more.

I suspect that this is because of the baffling decision to leave off the next review session from the forecast. In fact, there is seemingly no way to see when the next review will take place! When you finish a review session, it says “next review in 46 minutes” or whatever, but after you exit this screen (I don’t use the website, I only use the app, although the dashboard on the website is basically the same as far as I can tell) you can’t get to this information again! Why hide this?! I simply do not understand why it’s been designed this way. If I open up my (free!) vocab SRS app, Torii, the very first thing I see is “next review in X minutes”. This should absolutely be visible info in Bunpro. I don’t really care about reviews in several hours, but I definitely care about the next one!

I also (and Torii doesn’t do this, either, but it hasn’t been updated in years), would like to know how many reviews will be in the next review session. You can tell me how many reviews I’ll have in six hours, but not in my next review session? Argh!

Sorry for the vehemence, but this has been annoying me for a long time and it’s finally boiled over! Great product, just a weird choice that I don’t understand!

1 Like

I must admit I don’t find the forecast reliable either. There’s something unintuitive, or perhaps I don’t understand the calculation.

I do care about how reviews in several hours and days though, it’s supposed to help with pacing but most of the time I end up thinking “Wait, WhAaAta? HOW ?”

1 Like