Setting up self study that's NOT tied to an existing grammar point?

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but what I want to do is add sentences that constitute grammar points on their own. It seems that I have to add a sentence to a grammar point that already exists. For instance, I’m trying to set up a question that asks me about a specific use of the て-form, but I don’t want it to be appended to the existing “Verb [て]” lesson. This is partially because I want to set up a few different て-form sentences, each with a different use, and I’d like to add notes to each. If I group them all as a self study appended to one grammar point, I’m allowed to add a note only to one.

Not sure I’m making myself clear. Basically, what I’m asking is: can you set up your own little Bunpro SRS, independent of what’s already there? (And then combine it with the existing path?)

3 Likes

I don’t think that is possible (yet). It would be cool if it happens.

I guess one way to have custom note to each custom sentence is to write the note in place of the English Translation…

2 Likes

As a workaround, I’ve added a few custom sentences to grammar point #1 (だ) that have absolutely nothing to do with だ. I don’t have any place to put notes for each new sentence I add, but honestly, going out of my way to craft my unique reviews is enough effort to make me instantly remember why I made each sentence each time I see them.

3 Likes