Shout out to Bunpro!

I know the popular thing these days is for people to complain about every nit-picky thing under the sun, but instead I want to take a moment to compliment the people who created and contributed to this website, Bunpro.

This website may not have everything yet, but, by far, this is the most functionally useful and comprehensive learning website for grammar I have ever seen. Of course, nothing will make the hard grind of studying totally painless, but this website puts the monstruous task of absorbing several hundred grammar points into a more manageable form (…dare I say, it makes it easy?).

• links to similar points, SRS method applied to grammar, links to external explanations, very comprehensive grammar list, multiple platforms, multiple study paths, forums for community and feedback, flexibility for different learning styles, etc.
  • Anyone who has had to suffer through lengthy classes or incomplete textbooks knows the pain of doing things the “traditional” way.
  • I noticed today that on N5 and N4 grammar points, they started adding links on sentences to grammar points that users may not have been exposed to yet. This is huge! The organizational effort it takes to put this website in a usable fashion is amazing!

Thank you team for all your hard work! :clap::clap::bowing_man::bowing_woman:

(please tag as necessary, since I’m not totally sure who is “the team”)
@Pushindawood @Jake @mrnoone @Asher

Happy New Year! :tada: :confetti_ball:

14 Likes

I’m not part of the official team, but I 100% agree with you. I constantly recommend bunpro because most people simply don’t understand how much of the guesswork and wasted time this site takes out of studying.

8 Likes

I agree, 100%! This website has changed how I study my favourite thing (Japanese grammar) for the better :D.

Happy New Year!

6 Likes

100% agree. I haven’t tried “traditional” grammer study yet i would say this one of the greatest grammar resources.

5 Likes

@FredKore Thank you so much for your kind words! Your feedback, suggestions, and contributions have helped Bunpro become so much more accessible, beneficial, and enjoyable. It is really thanks to this stellar community and to members like you that Bunpro has been able to come as far as it has. Thank you!

P.S. Don’t forget @mrnoone!

totally part of the team :wink:

6 Likes

just added mrnoone! :+1:

3 Likes

I bought the Tobira textbook a few years ago and never really made a dent. In contrast, I started Bunpro about a year ago on the Tobira path, and even at my slow pace, I almost finished all Tobira grammar!

Bunpro makes it easy and convenient, and it allowed me to make measurable progress on grammar where I previously wasn’t. Even over the last year, several Tobira points that were slated as “coming soon” were implemented so that now it’s 100% covered (not to mention the audio that was added for so many of these points over the last year @Asher)!

There are some obvious areas that need to be improved, but on the whole I’m very happy with my lifetime purchase and wish everyone (site owners and learners) continued grammar success in the new year!

5 Likes

I will echo the same sentiments as mentioned above. This site has been great, and really has helped me to understand Japanese “structure” better. For too long I was just learning words in a bubble, but now I’m learning the means to tie it all together.

Really loving the site. I bought in last December, and never really managed to jump in until this past September due to a crazy year. In just these four months, I’m over halfway done with N5 grammar, and it’s really helping round out my 日本語 studies in a way I didn’t expect in the beginning. I definitely have more “AH-HA” moments when using other studying suites (WaniKani, Genki, Duolingo, etc.) than I did prior—and I think BunPro has been the biggest factor for that.

Thanks Everyone!!

5 Likes

It’s so nice to get those “ah-ha” moments. :smile:

4 Likes

I just wanted some place to thank Bunpro and I think this is the right one.

I have been studying Japanese for many years now (since it’s just a hobby I always allow myself to stop when it’s too much), and every time I renew my efforts I get better at it. And Bunpro is really helpful on this current wave.

Acquiring a lot of vocab felt great, but also wrong. It was like I was going to stores and buy all kinds of fancy equipment for hobbies I was never actually going to perform. I had all these nice looking words, but I had still no idea how to express a thought.

Bunpro is really working for me now. I understand so much more! Thank you Bunpro ^^

5 Likes