Side idea, Bunpro as a grammar dictionary

I find myself regularly using the “All Bunpro Grammar” section of the website as a quick reference to check against when I’m composing sentences, but it is kind of slow to load. I don’t have any idea how the back-end of the site is set up, but maybe a more lightweight version of that page could be used as a separate resource. I don’t know what features could be removed to speed it up, perhaps removing the context of what each user has and hasn’t studied and instead just having a raw, filterable list would work?

The review is why I primarily come to the site, but the option of having all these hundreds of grammar points available to sift through in one site, on one page, is really powerful all on its own in my opinion.

8 Likes

Honestly, they should just fix the performance of that page and the site in general. Then they wouldn’t have to build something new.

I know that may come off as harsh, but I think it’s important to keep the site polished, and that includes performance.

6 Likes

I think it’s slow because of auto suggest feature, it queries after each keystroke.
It should be turn off and just accept the input after user press the enter button instead.

6 Likes

Or after a longer delay or something. But yeah, that’s a good point.

4 Likes