Site availability issue

Site issue noticed about 20mins ago.

@Jake

14 Likes

I am also getting bounced from reviews and spontaneously logged out.

6 Likes

Bunpro has been very unstable for me for several days. I get internal sever error messages when trying to login almost every day (in contrast to before, bunpro asks for a login all the time now but just loads the cookie, not asking for credentials. Why not logging in directly when I load bunpro?), my reviews get interrupted (failed to submit answer), most pages of bunpro load very slowly or not at all, I can only login to the forum account on the main page of the forum but not while already looking into a topic, etc.

5 Likes

I’ve been experiencing slow loading times ever since yesterday.

3 Likes

There’s already a discussion about this here:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m currently getting kicked from the reviews part way through.

Guys, the bigger picture is that this was definitely a coordinated effort by Bunpro staff to make me study for my university degree test tomorrow instead of wasting time on Japanese grammar! The bloody cheek of them!

I guess I’ll have to go and get a good score now. :scream: Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

10 Likes

It’s obligatory to post this

11 Likes

That’s the obligatory first thing to try, isn’t it? :rofl:

1 Like

Shortly followed by “Have you tried it in another browser… another operating system… another lifetime?”

5 Likes

I’ve noticed much the same thing, though my symptoms differ slightly, but overall the same. E.g. Lots of ‘submission errors’ during reviews, requiring to ‘retry’ multiple times for the same item. It’s intermittent, but when it happens it happens.

I’ve been using bunpro for a couple months now, first time I’ve experienced severe stability issues, aside from very occasional review submission failures when I do reviews while on mobile data but I think that’s reasonable. Right now it’s a 50/50 chance that the dashboard successfully (but slowly) loads for me, otherwise it’s a 500 error.

4 Likes

When will the issue be fixed? I can’t log in at all now.

Speculation, but logging in being disabled might be an indication that the issue is actively being worked on.

Though, as I said, speculation.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

We’re currently looking into what’s causing the server issues.
We don’t have a clear timeline on when will it be fixed, but rest assured we’re on it. I’ll report back as soon as we fix the issue.

Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience. :bowing_man:

PS: All of your streaks will be preserved! And if by any reason they’re lost, we can reinstate them. Hold on tight and let us work our magic. :sparkles:

22 Likes

Thanks so much for the update! Appreciate the transparency :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the update, hope it’s not too much of a pain for you guys to solve!

1 Like

Don’t forget to check the …

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! I used to work adjacently to the IT department at my old workplace so I’ve seen how stressful it can be to be in this situation. Please remember to take care of yourselves as you get the problem fixed. :heart:

5 Likes

I’ve used Bunpro on and off for a few years now. This is the first time I’ve had a technical issue like this with Bunpro.

As a software developer, these things can happen. When I get an incident like this at work, I usually start to have panic attacks haha, so I hope everyone is nice and understanding. I am sure they are doing their very best to fix this issue!

9 Likes