Some Bunpro usage questions (Cram + Higher Levels)

First off, when doing the Cram sessions for items that are missed after you have completed your current items, does it have any affect on when they will show up again in your normal sessions or is it just a little bit of extra practice that doesn’t change anything at all with those items?

Second, if I am currently studying N5 items and I decide to add a random N2 item to my study queue, I am guessing that the example sentences for that item are also going to include heaps of N4 and N3 grammar as well (in the parts that aren’t blank), is that assumption correct?

1 Like

In my experience, it will be unknown vocabulary rather than grammar that will be an issue. Again in my experience the example sentences don’t tend load on on lots of different grammar points.

2 Likes

I take it the vocab is based on the JLPT levels?

1 Like

Mmm not directly, as in ‘you’ll only get upto the same level as the grammar’
My experience is that the higher the N levels, the more sophisticated the example sentences will become - not necessary in terms of grammar.

e.g.
N5 - This is a pen.
N4 - This is a pen I intend to write my diary with.
N3 - This is a pen I had intended to write my diary with, but I gave up once I experienced using a computer.
N2 - This is a pen with which the treaty on advanced particle physics was signed in switzerland by the collection of professors following their discussion on higgs-boson.
N1 - I think you get the drift by now :slight_smile:

1 Like