Stats Page Questions

Since this site seems to be fairly influenced by WaniKani, should we expect to see a similar ranking system for when the stats page is complete (Apprentice, Guru, etc…)? I always enjoy “leveling up” items so having several “levels” would be awesome to see. Of course, this is a pretty complex UI that needs to be designed so I’m sure the developers have had something in mind for a while now.

Is there an ETA for about when the stats page will be released? I think I’d be more consistent with my grammar studying if I could see some more in-depth stats.

A full fledged stats page is something we hope to have for you at some point in the near future. I think a rough estimate would be that over the next month or two we should have time to fit stats page development in. We have a pretty good idea of what we want to show, at least for basic stats.

1 Like

@Jake
Quick question about the streaks on the stats page: what happens when you reach a streak of 12? Is it similar to burning a kanji on WaniKani where you don’t see that item in reviews anymore?

For all intents and purposes, they are burned like kanji are on WaniKani.

However, instead of removing them from your queue, we just make their next due date 20 years in the future.

Is there any way we could have a feature to choose the interval we see “burned” items? I would definitely appreciate an occasional brush up.

5 Likes

I think we could make a setting where you could prevent yourself from “burning” items. We do have plans for a “Cram” feature that would let you do endless sentences from grammar you have already studied or by JLPT level.

8 Likes

Just wanted to say I would like a feature like this one, too! :grinning:
I’m so excited about how bunpro will develop in the future.

2 Likes

I assume at some point we will be able to see what are the items for each streak?

1 Like

What did you have in mind for how you want to see the items displayed?

Dunno, maybe when you hover over it you get a clickable list, or you click on the streak number and get a clickable list. They you know which are your worst. I realise there’s probably other ways of getting this info but if you could get it off the stats page it would be cool.

Something like WaniKani’s wall of shame would be very useful to see the few items that you struggle with.

1 Like

We have a few more stats/graphs and stuff we are planning on adding to that page, one of them is, like @PeterWhite mentioned, a list of the grammar that you are struggling with.

We can see if there is a way to show more information in the graphs we currently have.

1 Like

well yeah, a separate list would do the job. Being able to see it on the streak list would be cool but not essential if there is another way to see that.