Stats Page Recommendations

I wanted to create a thread discussion different changes that the team could make on the stats page.

Two things that I think are currently missing that would be very helpful are a forecast and a revamp of the days studied.

I find that I would like to know beyond the upcoming grammar how many grammar point I can expect in 1,2,3… days. This just helps planning on my part. It allows me to know if it is wise to start adding more grammar or whether or not I should wait for more. These are little things and are not mission critical for Bunpro (finishing N1 and integrating the hint system is more pressing ATM i think.) but I think that they would help the long term use of the website.

I am curious if other people have specific requests or ideas.

5 Likes

Check out the “Planner” script by @pcontrabass in this thread:

4 Likes

Unfortunately I am on mobile and cannot utilize scripts from the browser.

1 Like

What kind of phone do you use?
Might be able to @ a dev here who’d be able to implement the feature.

1 Like

I use an iPhone, so I am fairly certain that it would be a pain, though if you could that would be awesome.

And in reality I do all of my Bunpro on my IPad.

2 Likes

@Rion is the developerof iOS app :+1:

1 Like

I‘m not really happy with the current next hour and next day, too.

I also like to have a graph that’s configurable to show the whole day and how many reviews are due around the day and so on. Maybe up to a week.

It‘s now officially on the todo list :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Speaking of the app, I switched phones when I moved to Japan and lost access to the beta is it still available?

1 Like

Yes, if you applied for the beta test via the public link https://testflight.apple.com/join/jx9i7aPp, you should be able to just redownload the TestFlight app from the App Store and get the Bunpro app from there.

3 Likes

I have another suggestion for the stats page. On mine, at least, there’s a ton of empty space on the Reviews done per day/New grammar per day areas; could the empty space be truncated somehow to show that no activity went on during those periods?

2 Likes

Did the streak calculation change recently?

The lone red square wasn’t red until sometime today.
It’s also only 1 review away from being the matching color :sob:

I would like to see more in terms of accuracy stats.

Currently, we get overall accuracy for each JLPT level, but that’s only of limited use. I would like to see my accuracy over specific period of time.

Ex:

How is my accuracy over the past week? Past month? Past 3 months, etc.

I would like to either see this kind of breakdown implemented, or at least expose an API which gives us the raw data so I can do my own analysis.

1 Like

The changes I made to the the stats page should have only made it more populated as I made sure ghost reviews counted toward the daily review count. Was it all gold before?

@eefara I will look into making the start date happen around whenever your first review was so that extra space isn’t there anymore.

@pcontrabass Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have an idea of how to show that. I will look into an API route for the data as well.

3 Likes

Same here. I have a lot more red squares recently as compared to before.
For example, I have a lot of red squares that say I did 19 reviews right now, but it was showing 20+ in the past.