Strategy/ Feature Request for reviewing similar items

I would like a way to use the Cram feature or something similar, but have it select grammar points for me based on similarity

This could be:

• the grammar itself looks similar
  • the grammar points have similar meaning but are used differntly

So, TL;DR; - practice quizzes :slight_smile:

An example of each thing to be more clear:

1. I could take a quiz on all the different ways to say “should/shouldn’t do something”
  2. I could take a quiz on わけだ/わけではない/わけがない/わけにはいかない/ことではない

I can currently do this if I know all the current grammar that’s confusing & search them all out on the cram screen, but then that group isn’t saved to practice again later, and I have to figure them all out on my own so may miss some that should be included

Would be great if that could be set up via Bunpro logic, but at least a simple workaround might be to be able to save a selection as a “Cram Group” that can be picked & retested

10 Likes

I agree that this kinda feature would be very useful for those grammar points that are messy, I would include things like 余 and its related grammar to these kinda of quiz sets. I’m sure given some time I could think of other examples.

2 Likes

To add to this, the option to cram grammar points with the “same” meaning but different formalities would be really helpful.

5 Likes

Would love this feature added to cram! :o I get tripped up so much on similar grammar :joy:

2 Likes

We would be able to do custom cram features in the near future, and will possibly look at doing something like this after we gather a bit more data about the types of things people are getting wrong the most often.
After adding our own grammar explanations, the next step for us is seeing the things that people still make mistakes on frequently, and prioritizing that through various methods (one of those methods would probably be cram type tools).

4 Likes